What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
One of the defining stars of the American New Wave (or “New Hollywood”) was the younger brother of actress Shirley MacLaine, Warren Beatty. Following the success of Bonnie and Clyde (1967) – which he starred and produced – Beatty kept a careful and steady course, appearing in a handful of movies that have garnered greater recognition over the years, such as The Parallax View (1974), The Fortune (1975) and Shampoo (also 1975). With each movie putting him in greater control, Beatty took the leap into the director’s chair – as well as acting, writing and producing – with his next project, Heaven Can Wait. Paramount released the movie in DVD in the early days of the format, but the studio has finally given the film its belated Blu-ray debut.

Heaven Can Wait (1978)...

Continue reading...

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yes, a really sweet film, & you can't say that about a lot of seventies movies. I now have the Blu-ray & will watch it over the holidays (although I'm retired, so every week is a holiday :)).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'm very late to this, but FWIW, if anyone wants both the BD *and* the 4K digital on iTunes, the BD's digital copy should very likely be redeemable at iTunes for their usual free 4K upgrade.

And during this BF sale, DeepDiscount currently has this (plus Warren Beatty's Reds BD, FWTW) on sale at ~$10, and there's a 15%-off coupon to boot. I just finally ordered both BDs myself.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cut_the_cord
Recent bookmarks