What's new

Pre-Order Heaven Can Wait (1978) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
WARREN BEATTY AND JULIE CHRISTIE STAR IN THE BELOVED ROMANTIC COMEDY, ARRIVING ON BLU-RAY™ FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER

AE378223-0EA2-45CC-AA74-231CE082F2E0.jpeg

Newly Restored Classic Debuts on Blu-ray November 30, 2021

Warren Beatty stars in (as well as produces, co-writes, and co-directs) the fan-favorite comedy HEAVEN CAN WAIT, which has been fully restored and remastered from the original negative under Beatty’s supervision for its arrival on Blu-ray for the first time ever November 30, 2021 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Directed by Beatty and Buck Henry, with a screenplay by Elaine May and Beatty,HEAVEN CAN WAIT features a sensational cast filled with comedic talent, including Julie Christie, James Mason, Charles Grodin, Dyan Cannon, Buck Henry, Vincent Gardenia, and Jack Warden. The film was nominated* for nine Academy Awards®, including Best Picture, Best Director (Beatty and Henry), Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium (Beatty and May), Best Actor in a Leading Role (Beatty), Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Warden), Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Cannon), and more.

Joe Pendleton (Beatty) is a Los Angeles Rams backup quarterback ready to lead the team all the way to the Super Bowl, but the afterlife has other plans. It seems an overzealous guardian angel has prematurely plucked Joe from the living. When he’s returned to Earth in the body of millionaire industrialist Leo Farnsworth, he inherits a world of challenges, including winning the love of a woman (Christie) who already hated “him.”

The Blu-ray includes the feature film in high definition and access to a Digital copy of the film.

# # #​

About Paramount Home Entertainment

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

Heaven Can Wait

Street Date: November 30, 2021

U.S. Rating: PG

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have a feeling this might be derived from an older scan as the pricing is kind of low in my opinion. We'll see....

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
There's been comments that the HD streaming version looks very nice, so I'll be happy to buy it. It's bound to look better than the DVD (as did In Harm's Way).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hooray! I’ve been waiting to see this show up in HD since the advent of Blu-ray. Long, long overdue.

I would have thought it would be part of the Paramount Presents series.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There's been comments that the HD streaming version looks very nice, so I'll be happy to buy it. It's bound to look better than the DVD (as did In Harm's Way).
I have the iTunes HD digital and it's fine. The DVD in my collection was released in July, 1999 which is more than 22 years ago.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Now all we need is a Blu-ray of Foul Play to complete the Paramount Summer of 1978. View attachment 114356

Allen, I am with you. That title, for me, seems to be the last "Holy Grail" of Paramount releases (though I know there are more important titles for others).

FOUL PLAY isn't even available digitally so I am really wondering how difficult of a release this might be.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
From the press release:

..."fully restored and remastered from the original negative under Beatty’s supervision for its arrival on Blu-ray"

Well, that's reassuring; kind of, anyway, for there is that word again, "restored", which can mean almost anything.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
If Beatty was already at the studio, why could they plunk a camera in front of him and get him to talk for 15 min?

Not even the trailer as a bonus? LAME.

You’d think Paramount‘a Oscar nominated and winning films would be the ones getting the PRESENTS treatment…

I’m still getting this, but really disappointed.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
If Beatty was already at the studio, why could they plunk a camera in front of him and get him to talk for 15 min?

Not even the trailer as a bonus? LAME.

You’d think Paramount‘a Oscar nominated and winning films would be the ones getting the PRESENTS treatment…

I’m still getting this, but really disappointed.

This and Reds must not be what they consider as cash cow worthy.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Perhaps he didn’t want to talk about it on camera, or the rate he would charge for such an appearance and the costs of producing it would exceed what the release can reasonably be expected to gross.

I don’t understand where this assumption always comes from that studios and boutique labels are passing on a wealth of potential celebrity interviews and if only they’d ask, each disc could be a treasure trove of features. There are lots of practical and financial considerations that must be balanced with each release. Many actors simply do not enjoy talking on camera about their older work. Others wish to be paid at a rate that is higher than the budgeting of such releases would allow for. And market research has shown time and again that in the overwhelming majority of cases, bonus material does not drive sales. Home video labels are not non-profit entities. It does not make good business sense to invest in features that make it harder to break even or turn a profit. That would be the surest way to make every company get out of physical media even faster than they are, if the costs of producing it could not be recovered.

I understand being disappointed when something isn’t exactly what you imagined it would be but some of these posts seem to reflect a willful disregard for basic economic and marketplace realities, not to mention the preferences and wishes of those involved.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Perhaps he didn’t want to talk about it on camera, or the rate he would charge for such an appearance and the costs of producing it would exceed what the release can reasonably be expected to gross.

I don’t understand where this assumption always comes from that studios and boutique labels are passing on a wealth of potential celebrity interviews and if only they’d ask, each disc could be a treasure trove of features. There are lots of practical and financial considerations that must be balanced with each release. Many actors simply do not enjoy talking on camera about their older work. Others wish to be paid at a rate that is higher than the budgeting of such releases would allow for. And market research has shown time and again that in the overwhelming majority of cases, bonus material does not drive sales. Home video labels are not non-profit entities. It does not make good business sense to invest in features that make it harder to break even or turn a profit. That would be the surest way to make every company get out of physical media even faster than they are, if the costs of producing it could not be recovered.

I understand being disappointed when something isn’t exactly what you imagined it would be but some of these posts seem to reflect a willful disregard for basic economic and marketplace realities, not to mention the preferences and wishes of those involved.
That's pretty much in a nutshell. Sure, I'm disappointed when there isn't an audio commentary on some releases, but thankful of the titles being released. There could be a number of reasons why an audio commentary or a bonus feature wasn't added and chief among those reasons is net profitability per each disc release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks