Heave Ho, or I'll Give Ye a Broadside!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Philip Verdieck, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Philip Verdieck

Philip Verdieck Second Unit

I just love watching sailing/men of war movies. I am delighted at what A&E has done with Hornblower and have grabbed those. I also got Damn the Defiant and Fairbank's The Black Pirate. I am waiting for Gregory Peck's [Hornblower] to be released. I was wondering what is also out there in this Genre.
    There is the recent Cutthroat Island. While it may not be the best, it was an enjoyable romp in that genre, and they just don't make movies like that anymore. I was wondering what else may be out there. I caught Tyrone Power in The Black Swan the other day, but I don't think that is out yet.
    Again, like my post regarding good fencing movies, this is another area that cries for the Flynn classics.
    What else is there available?

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    The Princess Bride!

3. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

There is the more recent Swashbuckler with Robert Shaw. No classic, but still fun. But we do need more pirate movies, one of my favorite genres, especially Errol Flynn's films

4. John M. Ford

John M. Ford Agent

You might want to check out a film called "Nate and Hayes".

johnf

5. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Okay, no pirates, warring nations, or flashy swordfights, but Moby Dick kicks booty. Although, watching that may make you crave Peck's Hornblower all the more. [​IMG]

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

"The Crimson Permanent Assurance", from Monty Python and the Meaning of Life. Great swashbuckling fun, and bloody brilliant at that! [​IMG]