What's new

Heating your home theater (1 Viewer)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Has anyone used this type of heater in their home theater basement or used a wall mounted heater for their theater?
This is more cost effective to me than any other methods I have seen.
I currently have two vents in the basement attached to the central heating but it's not good enough.
This unit costs $199 at Home Depot.
http://www.reddyheat.com/reddy/products/gn30t.html

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
My friend has a heater like that in his basement. (In fact, I'm going over there to ring in the new year tonight). It does pump out a lot of heat.. but it also makes some noise (he has an older model). It lights up with a big "whumph!" and proceeds to hiss a little while the gas is running. So, if noise is a concern for your HT, you might want to test drive one at a dealer or someplace to make sure it's quiet.

Chuck_C

Stunt Coordinator
These work very well.
Just make sure it is allowed by your town/city building code. Some places do not allow ventless heaters. My buddy has two of these in his camp trailer, one at each end. Make sure you get the larger kind with the thermostat.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Well,just fill the room with water and use fish tank heaters.You might not like it but my oscars sure would:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks