What's new

Heat Shrink Tubung sizes? (1 Viewer)

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
I am preparing to make some audio and video cables with Canare cable and connectors. I need to know what size shrink tubing I need for V3-5CFB and LV-77S. Can anyone tell me?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not having this particular cable or connectors, I can’t tell you exactly what size. I can tell you, however, that the tubing should be a pretty loose fit before heating. If you use tubing that fits very snuggly, it will probably split when you shrink it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
If you can hang on tell tomorrow I tell you exactly what I used. I built some cables at work using the V3-5CFB, I used 3 small pices for each connector and one large cable for the outer jacket. We have various sizes and am not sure what size with out looking.
Rick

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
For where the outer jacket of the V3 is removed exposing the individual cables, use 24mm 3:1. For where the individual cables join the connectors, use 12mm 3:1

You can use the 12mm 3:1 on the LV-77S where the cable and connector joins.

If any of this is incorrect, please chime in. I lifted the sizes directly from C.White's DIY cable page.

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
If you havent got it yet I used 1/4 inch for the conectors and 3/4 inch for the main black jacket.

Rick

rubyxiang

Auditioning
Real Name
ruby
If the shrink rate of heat shrink tubing is 2:1, and you know the size of the cable, then you can choose the suitable size for heat shrink tube

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks