1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

HEAT DVD Sound problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren_Fu, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Darren_Fu

Darren_Fu Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone experienced sudden drop offs in sound on this movie? Heat is a good movie, well poor transfer in picture qulity to DVD but anyway while I was watching it. There would be parts of the movie where you are hearing sound effects in the rear channels and all of a sudden the sound just cuts off. It sounds like someone just unconnected the speaker. Then sometimes the sound would come back and it would cut in and out for a couple of seconds. I know it is not my setup because I have tested it with other movies and the sound is excellent. Only on this movie does it do that. Also, it seems like it is a problem more in the first half rather than the second. I didn't notice it doing that in the last hour or so. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Thank,

DF

2. Doug_L

Doug_L Stunt Coordinator

I have recently watched my copy of Heat and I did not encounter any of the rear channel problems you mentioned. It would be helpful if you could site specific scenes/times/sounds so that I (or anybody else) could verify this. Additionally, please tell us a bit more about your audio setup, including your listening mode, calibration, and how things are connected.

You may simply have a copy that is damaged or faulty. Or you might just have a loose cable (I'd check that first, if I were you).

And BTW, although not a reference quality transfer by today's standards, with the exception of some of the darkest scenes this is a very good transfer IMO.

3. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

No problem with my copy.

Sounds like a bad disc to me.