HEAT DVD Sound problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren_Fu, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Darren_Fu

Darren_Fu Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone experienced sudden drop offs in sound on this movie? Heat is a good movie, well poor transfer in picture qulity to DVD but anyway while I was watching it. There would be parts of the movie where you are hearing sound effects in the rear channels and all of a sudden the sound just cuts off. It sounds like someone just unconnected the speaker. Then sometimes the sound would come back and it would cut in and out for a couple of seconds. I know it is not my setup because I have tested it with other movies and the sound is excellent. Only on this movie does it do that. Also, it seems like it is a problem more in the first half rather than the second. I didn't notice it doing that in the last hour or so. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Thank,

DF

2. Doug_L

Doug_L Stunt Coordinator

I have recently watched my copy of Heat and I did not encounter any of the rear channel problems you mentioned. It would be helpful if you could site specific scenes/times/sounds so that I (or anybody else) could verify this. Additionally, please tell us a bit more about your audio setup, including your listening mode, calibration, and how things are connected.

You may simply have a copy that is damaged or faulty. Or you might just have a loose cable (I'd check that first, if I were you).

And BTW, although not a reference quality transfer by today's standards, with the exception of some of the darkest scenes this is a very good transfer IMO.

3. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

No problem with my copy.

Sounds like a bad disc to me.