1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Heat bad for Sub?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Evan H, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Evan H

Evan H Stunt Coordinator

My subwoofer is currently sitting directly above a heating duct for the forced hot air heating system in my house. Unfortunately due to the layout of the room, there is no way i can move it anywhere else. is the heat bad for the sub... is there anything i can do to protect it if it is?

2. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Is it a powered sub? I'd just keep an eye out to make sure the amp(if it is powered)wasn't overheating at all. I don't see any major issues though...
    TV

3. Evan H

Evan H Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the reply Tom, It is a powered sub (B&W ASW 1000). Ok, so the heat's not bad for the speaker in the sub, just make sure the amp doesn't overheat... i can do that. Thanks again [​IMG]

4. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Well, you don't want hot dry air constantly blowing across the driver either [​IMG]
    It might be a good idea to talk to BW about it and see what they think concerning stuff like the surrounds on the driver. There's probably little chance of anything worth worrying about, but they would know for sure.
    TV

5. Evan H

Evan H Stunt Coordinator