What's new

"Hearts Afire" from image (1 Viewer)

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
My friend who works at Image Entertainment says he is currently working on a DVD release of "Hearts Afire", starring John Ritter and Markie post. I don't know anything more but thought I would share.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I hope your friend is right it was a pretty good show, better than it was treated by the network that had it, CBS? I wonder if it will hit before we see Markie Post on a Night Court DVD.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Was this even on for a full season? I remember the title, but nothing about the show.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Lasted three seasons.
Hearts Afire
First season they (Marlie Post was a reporter) and (John Ritter and Billy Bob Thornton) worked as a Senators staff, second season they moved to their (John and Billybob's) hometown and started a newspaper and ran it through the third season.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Larry.P - What does your friend at Image do? I hope this is true. Season 1 was EXCELLENT! A very well written season and the steamy scenes between John and Markie was so good! I hope they have all the original music.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I missed the first seasons and guess I caught it at the end. I really liked it and was upset it was cancelled.

Billy Bob Thornton was great on this show. And the rest of the supporting cast was excellent as well.

There is one episode, forgot the premise, but I often said it was the funniest sitcom episode ever. Haven't seen it in years.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Mark 8/2 down on your calendars!!

Image said this will be up on their site soon, with cover art.

Hearts Afire

DVD

Year: 1992

Length: 540 minutes

Rating: Not Rated

MSRP: $ 39.99

Release Date: 8/2/2005

Pre-Order Date: 7/5/2005

Studio: Image Entertainment

Catalog Number: ID0359HPDVD

Beloved funnyman John Ritter (8 Simple Rules, Three's Company) and Night Court's Markie Post heat up the screen in this irresistible TV comedy!

One of the best-loved series of the '90s, Hearts Afire ignites laughter with its sizzling chemistry, razor-sharp dialogue and stellar cast, including the Oscar(c) -winning Billy Bob Thornton as Ritter's best

buddy. In Washington, D.C., senator's aide and divorced dad John Hartman (Ritter) lives and works strictly by the book...except when it comes to brand-new press secretary Georgie Lahti (Post), a sassy, risk-taking

rebel. They couldn't be more different, yet a passionate romance develops that changes their lives. Adding to the craziness, the couple must cope with Lahti's ex-con dad (Ed Asner, The Mary Tyler Moore

Show), Billy Bob's estranged wife (Wendie Jo Sperber, Bosom Buddies) and their slightly scatterbrained boss (George Gaynes, Tootsie).

Episodes include:

Bees Can Sting You, Watch Out, The Big Date, Smithersgate, Never Play Touch Football with the Kennedys, Three Men and a Bed, John's Stallion, First Time, Significant Others, Everybody Loves My Baby, Conversations with My Shrink, The Fundamental Things Apply, Trivial Pursuit, Miss Starr Dates Georgie Anne's Pop, While the Thomasons Slept, Everyday's a Holiday, While the Thomasons Slept in the Lincoln Bedroom, Her Year with Fidel, Cold Feet, Take My Senate Seat, Please, Flamingo Summer, Class Reunion.

Jamie Middleton

Stunt Coordinator
Much to my surprise I went to Wal-Mart this morning, and this show was no where to be found........I wonder if wal-mart is going to carry the show ?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Much to my surprise I went to Wal-Mart this morning, and this show was no where to be found........I wonder if wal-mart is going to carry the show ?
Wal-Mart isn't always the best in terms of carrying titles, I went there the day Golden Girls season 1 came out and they didn't even carry THAT.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
With the announcement of this coming as a complete series I'm hoping it means that we'll also see creator Linda Bloodworth-Thomason's other series make it to complete sets such as Designing Women and the woefully ignored Evening Shade. If they could manage to get Women Of The House & Filthy Rich out, too I'd be thrilled.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
rmw650 said:
@ Jay_B! And that's a fact. Hell, I tried getting some releases that just came out this week and the store or their website weren't even carrying them, such as Dean martin's Christmas Show and Looney Tunes Superstars: Porky Pig, so went elsewhere to purchase them.
Jay's comment was from 2005, when there was a chance that some older shows would be carried in stories.
At this point, there's almost no chance of finding a classic show carried in a brick and mortar store, and finding them on a store's website isn't very likely, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks