"Hearts Afire" from image

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Larry.P, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Larry.P

Larry.P Stunt Coordinator

My friend who works at Image Entertainment says he is currently working on a DVD release of "Hearts Afire", starring John Ritter and Markie post. I don't know anything more but thought I would share.

2. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I hope your friend is right it was a pretty good show, better than it was treated by the network that had it, CBS? I wonder if it will hit before we see Markie Post on a Night Court DVD.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Was this even on for a full season? I remember the title, but nothing about the show.

4. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

Lasted three seasons.
    Hearts Afire
    First season they (Marlie Post was a reporter) and (John Ritter and Billy Bob Thornton) worked as a Senators staff, second season they moved to their (John and Billybob's) hometown and started a newspaper and ran it through the third season.

5. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

Larry.P - What does your friend at Image do? I hope this is true. Season 1 was EXCELLENT! A very well written season and the steamy scenes between John and Markie was so good! I hope they have all the original music.

6. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

I missed the first seasons and guess I caught it at the end. I really liked it and was upset it was cancelled.

Billy Bob Thornton was great on this show. And the rest of the supporting cast was excellent as well.

There is one episode, forgot the premise, but I often said it was the funniest sitcom episode ever. Haven't seen it in years.

7. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

Mark 8/2 down on your calendars!!

Image said this will be up on their site soon, with cover art.

Hearts Afire

DVD

Year: 1992

Length: 540 minutes

Rating: Not Rated

MSRP: $ 39.99

Release Date: 8/2/2005

Pre-Order Date: 7/5/2005

Studio: Image Entertainment

Catalog Number: ID0359HPDVD

Beloved funnyman John Ritter (8 Simple Rules, Three's Company) and Night Court's Markie Post heat up the screen in this irresistible TV comedy!

One of the best-loved series of the '90s, Hearts Afire ignites laughter with its sizzling chemistry, razor-sharp dialogue and stellar cast, including the Oscar(c) -winning Billy Bob Thornton as Ritter's best

buddy. In Washington, D.C., senator's aide and divorced dad John Hartman (Ritter) lives and works strictly by the book...except when it comes to brand-new press secretary Georgie Lahti (Post), a sassy, risk-taking

rebel. They couldn't be more different, yet a passionate romance develops that changes their lives. Adding to the craziness, the couple must cope with Lahti's ex-con dad (Ed Asner, The Mary Tyler Moore

Show), Billy Bob's estranged wife (Wendie Jo Sperber, Bosom Buddies) and their slightly scatterbrained boss (George Gaynes, Tootsie).

Episodes include:

Bees Can Sting You, Watch Out, The Big Date, Smithersgate, Never Play Touch Football with the Kennedys, Three Men and a Bed, John's Stallion, First Time, Significant Others, Everybody Loves My Baby, Conversations with My Shrink, The Fundamental Things Apply, Trivial Pursuit, Miss Starr Dates Georgie Anne's Pop, While the Thomasons Slept, Everyday's a Holiday, While the Thomasons Slept in the Lincoln Bedroom, Her Year with Fidel, Cold Feet, Take My Senate Seat, Please, Flamingo Summer, Class Reunion.

8. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

9. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

10. Jamie Middleton

Jamie Middleton Stunt Coordinator

Much to my surprise I went to Wal-Mart this morning, and this show was no where to be found........I wonder if wal-mart is going to carry the show ?

11. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

12. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    With the announcement of this coming as a complete series I'm hoping it means that we'll also see creator Linda Bloodworth-Thomason's other series make it to complete sets such as Designing Women and the woefully ignored Evening Shade. If they could manage to get Women Of The House & Filthy Rich out, too I'd be thrilled.

13. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    Oh I really want Filthy Rich on DVD.

14. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Producer

I believe that show may be owned by Sony. When I get a chance, I'll pop an episode in and look.

15. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Cinematographer

Robert
    Jay's comment was from 2005, when there was a chance that some older shows would be carried in stories.
    At this point, there's almost no chance of finding a classic show carried in a brick and mortar store, and finding them on a store's website isn't very likely, either.