Heartland Cables - Good Quality+Price

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by dpippel, May 6, 2002.

1. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    I'm not one who feels that megabuck interconnects make much, if any, difference in the way a system sounds. Poorly CONSTRUCTED cables on the other hand can cause problems that lead to sound degradation. That said, I've recently purchased both interconnects and speaker cables from www.heartlandcables.com and am VERY pleased with the materials, workmanship and price. They use Canare L-5CFB and LV-77S (your choice) for their interconnects and Canare 4S11 Star-Quad for speaker runs. Flex wrapping is standard but optional and you can custom configure just about anything and they'll take care of it for you. Their prices are more than reasonable and delivery times are as well. Check them out if you're looking for a quality cable at a really affordable price point.
    I'm not associated with these guys in any way, just a very satisified customer.

2. Arthur Vino

Arthur Vino Stunt Coordinator

Ordering speaker cables form them this week...

3. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

Doug,

Thanks for the post on Heartland Cables. I just put a bid in on some of their component cables on ebay. I'm thinking about replacing all my Monster cables with Heartland. I've just heard so much shady stuff about Monster and their markups, that I really don't want their stuff in my system, even if it is decent or good. Any thoughts on Toslink cables? Anybody with any experiene on Vampire Wire Toslink cables. There's a bunch of them on ebay.

4. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    Whoa guys, talk about resurrecting an old thread! [​IMG] Dan at Heartland will treat you right. I've been very happy with his stuff.
    Jon - I really don't have any suggestions for you on Toslink. I'm a coax guy. The only optical connection in my system is between my DirecTV receiver and my processor, and I'm using a Radio Shack cable there.

5. Arthur Vino

Arthur Vino Stunt Coordinator

I'd go with Coax over toslink.. I had toslink for a few years, switching everything to coax, it looks more solid and convenient.. Sound quality is the same...

If u still wanna go toslink, check out AR Pro line or cobaltcable..

6. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

10-4 on the coax. I'll probably be contacting Dan sometime this week or next. I'm going to have to break down my system anyway in a few weeks as we are getting new carpeting in the basement. Along with the fact that the carpet place told me that they don't move electronics during install, I sure the hell wouldn't let them touch my stuff anyway. I figured what better time to swap out some cables. Thanks guys.

7. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

I purchased a coax from heartlandcables a couple of months ago. Quality is EXCELLENT. Even my girlfriend noticed! I also have the speaker cables and they are great too![​IMG]

8. Victor Chan

Victor Chan Stunt Coordinator

I'll chime in my support for Heartland Cables as well. Evenr since I ordered a component video cable from them, I have been very happy with both the surface as well as the quality of Dan's work. Well constructed cables that work well and look boutique without the boutique cable pricing.

My entire setup is connected with Heartland Cables now. OK. That's not entirely true. My surrounds are connected with basic 12G simply because flex-wrapped Star-Quads aren't the most inconspicuous cables around and I didn't want them running the length of my living room. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from Heartland again.