HeartBreakers or The Mummy Returns

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric_T_B, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Eric_T_B

Eric_T_B Extra

Which one is everyone buying? I'm still having a hard time deciding on which one I should buy because I can't buy both right now. I notice that in Best Buy's ad The Mummy Returns is $17.99 and in Target's ad Heart Breakers is $17.99 also we get early edition Sunday paper down here in Houston. So does anyone have any suggestion's on which one I should buy? Also does anyone know how I put my DVD profile as a signature? This is my url to my DVD profile http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...alias=Jarod243

2. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

This is clearly a matter of opinion. These movies are so different, it is the old apple vs. orange story. I have both DVDs and enjoyed them both. I had friends over last night to watch The Mummy Returns and we all liked it immensely. It was a fun popcorn muncher with great effects (a bit much) and great video...I think a reference DVD. Heartbreaker is a Dirty Rotten Scoundrels done in a female slant..also a terrific DVD with a lot of extras. As a matter of fact, there are no less than 19(!!) deleted scenes totaling more than 22 minutes.
    ------------------
    Sound InSight Audio Video
    My Home Theater Pics
    My Equipment List
    My DVD Collection
    My LD Collection

3. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

To answer your first question, go with Heartbreakers. I found this to a pleasant surprise and generally a lot of fun.
    The Mummy Returns has some decent action sequences and some amusing moments, but really, how can it compete with the quadruple threat of Sigourney Weaver, Gene Hackman, Jennifer Love Hewitt (and her cleavage!) and Jason Lee? Again, it's all a matter of taste as Michael said, but I'd go with Heartbreakers.
    To answer your second question, go back to the main page that lists all the different areas. Up top should be a series of tabs. Click on the "Bio" tab and enter your user name and password. Then put the DVD Profiler link inside the box that says Signature. Click on the "Submit Modifications" button and you should be good to go.
    ------------------
    Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
    ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
    [Edited last by Kevin Leonard on September 30, 2001 at 01:29 AM]

4. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

Personnally, I'd go with Heartbreakers (as I have done):
    1) 'Heartbreakers' is a better movie (my opinion I know, but you can't deny that 'The Mummy Returns' has some God awful dialogue!)
    2) Based on the reviews, the 'Heartbreakers' disc has better extras. I don't know if this is important to you, but if it is, it should be an important factor.
    3) 'The Mummy Returns' will be released as an Ultimate Edition someime next year - so hold out, and buy the better version then.
    I think I'll pick up the MR: Ultimate Edition next year - just look at like this... the longer you wait to watch it, the higher your anticpiation will be, and you will enjoy the movie more, thus your getting more fun for your money!

5. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    If money is an issue, then don't forget that 'Temrinator SE' comes out this week and is a better bet than either of the the others. Unless you have no interest in that [​IMG]

6. Eric_T_B

Eric_T_B Extra

7. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    I would go with the lesser of the two evils--The Mummy Returns. At least that one will give your speakers a workout, assuming you have a 5.1 set up. Heartbreakers was wretched. Despite having three talented actors (Liotta, Weaver and Hackman), the comdey was marginal at best with only one scene really making me laugh.
    I'm going to echo what Chad has suggested. Buy The Terminator SE. That is a great film and the DVD won't disappoint, I assure you.
    ------------------
    As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

8. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
  9. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
  10. John_McKittrick

John_McKittrick Stunt Coordinator

Mummy Returns all the way.
    John