What's new

"Heartbreakers" DVD? (1 Viewer)

BarryNS

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone had the chance to check this one out yet? Wondering about any extras and the usual sound/picture quality stuff.... I see it is available now from one of the usual Canadian e-tailers. I actually enjoyed this movie in the theaters, but then I'm a real sucker for Jennifer Love Hewitt anyway I can get her!
drool.gif

------------------
-Barry

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I haven't seen it, but digitallyOBSESSED has a review .
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

James Nguyen

Second Unit
I'll probably get some exasperated looks or rolled eyes for this, but my fiancee and I saw this in the theaters late one night and I must say I walked out rather pleasently surprised (I did NOT want to see this movie, but our first choice was sold out).
I've always thought that Jennifer Love Hewitt was a decent but not great actress (though her singing has impressed me quite a bit), but of the movies I've seen her in, I'd have to say Heartbreakers by far has been her best performance. The script does seem a bit labored at times, but both she and Sigourney Weaver give strong performances as the sexy, scheming woman playing on the vulnerable sex drives of men...often to quite funny effect.
I'll definitely be picking this one up if for anything else, I need more comedy/light hearted stuff to balance out my collection of HK drama and action films. :) (and wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo....some of the outfits JLH wears in this movie
yum.gif
)
[Edited last by James Nguyen on October 04, 2001 at 01:45 PM]

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I picked it up, gave it a quick spin to check out the extras. The extras look fun, although one of the extras is the standard EPK, the commentaries sound fun, especially the one with Hewitt and Weaver.
Jennifer Love Hewitt is nice to look at(sorry but that is how I viewed her for a long time as an actress), and this movie (along with the MFTV Audry Hepburn biopic) shows she can have depth as well. Sigourney shows the wonderful, often hidden, comidic talent she has.
I say grab the disc, and enjoy. The colors are a little oversaturated, but the disc is good and solid, IMHO
------------------
"Indiana... Indiana.... Let it go."
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...p?alias=LanceN

James Nguyen

Second Unit
Lance,
I saw that Audrey Hepburn bio movie as well with JLH, and yes, though I agree she gave a strong performance in it (from the bits I saw at least), but something just didn't seem right with Jennifer Love Hewwitt as Hepburn. She's definitley maturing as an actress, I have no doubt about that in my mind at all.....but she ain't no Audrey Hepburn (yet) :)

Eric_T_B

Grip
I just watched it last night of course after seeing The Mummy Returns in FULL FRAME, I was so glad to watch Heartbreakers in widescreen, but any ways I wanted to point this out if no one else has but did anyone see the Twin Towers when they went to New York I have to admit that I was glad to see them in the movie even though it was only for a few seconds.
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...alias=Jarod243

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed this movie a lot more than I thought I would. JLH was very easy on the eyes and wore less than I recall seeing her in other movies. The female spin on Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was well-done, I thought. Ironically, DRS was on cable the other day..so I got to see that one too.
------------------
Link Removed
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Yes, I do agree, she is not Audrey, and I was surprised to see that she was selected to play the role of Audrey in this film. I had thought that the perfect fit would have been one of my favorite actress, Natalie Portman. She has the grace and strength of Audrey, and physically resembles her somewhat as well. Jennifer is, well, a little larger in some areas.
Still she is maturing as an actress. I hope this does not mean the death of her career. Too many actresses these days are selected to play in "teen" films, and then either get tossed out as they get older, or they mature as an actress,getting better at the craft, but the roles dry up.
[Edited last by Lance Nichols on October 06, 2001 at 11:21 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks