Heartbreak Ridge anyone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Augustin Rodriguez, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Augustin Rodriguez

I love this movie. Has anyone had a chance to look at this one yet? And for those who are wondering, yes I've already done a search on the forum. Nobody has discussed this title in detail.

For those that do have it, how's the transfer? How's the Dolby Surround mix? I will probably purchase this title anyway, but a nice transfer would make the purchase that much better.

Semper Fi

2. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

One of my "guilty pleasures" as well. My problem is that I can't seem to locate the dog-gone thing. I'm also having the same problem with Amadeus, Unforgiven, True Romance and Major League!

3. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

As soon as I can lay my hands on a copy of this, it's mine. Filmed in my old stomping grounds, used to have a picture I took of the door Eastwood autographed during filming. That picture was toasted (along with ALOT of other things) by a vindictive ex-wife. [​IMG]

4. Ushabye

Ushabye Projectionist

Paul
    "The Marines are looking for a few good men. Unfortunately you aint it."

Hey, One of my favourite Eastwood pictures! (And one of Eastwood's most under rated movies). I remember at the time it came under a lot of flack for the amount of bad language. Apparently the US military hated it's depiction of soldiers constant use of the F word. Which, on it's own, is completely ridiculous. If ANYONE has a licence to cuss it's a soldier for F**K sake! Though it did get released at a time when "political correctness" was beginning to get it's grip on the western world.

Anyways, Eastwood is in his prime in this picture, shaven headed, almost unrecognizable with camouflage paint..."With all due respect, Sir...you're beginning to bore the hell outa me."

5. Mark Silver

Mark Silver Stunt Coordinator

Went to 5 different chain stores today. No one had it. Ordered it from Amazon. Hope to have it in my hands tomorrow.

Same problem with Little Big League. I think a couple of the chains are boycotting certain distributors, not studios, distributors.

6. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

I just screened Heartbreak Ridge. The transfer is adequete. It has a little grain here and there but it generally very clear. Some rear activity as well. Not a bad transfer on the whole.

I saw this at a store today, and came close to buying it, but it was MAR. No sale.

-- Matt

7. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

My dad "made me" watch this movie one night. Thank god he did.

It just has a name like "True Romance" or "Princess Bride" that makes most guys shy away from them, until they are realized for their greatness.

8. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

Finally found my copy at Borders, $14.99