Heart of Glass - Unavailable?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Silas Lesnick, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Silas Lesnick

Silas Lesnick Auditioning

I just happened to notice that Werner Herzog's "Heart of Glass" does not come up on either Deep Discount or DVDplanet. Paranoid that it's suddenly gone OOP, I found it on Amazon and ordered it but I just wanted to check and see if anyone knew the story and give a heads up to those who might also want it...

2. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

I dont think it's OOP. I've seen many copies in stores.

Does Anchor Bay really have any OOP titles. If they do, it's usually temporary anyways.

I'm holding off on getting this DVD, and awaiting the next Herzog boxset from AB - which is supposed to come out this year and will surely include Heart of Glass.

3. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Great film. One of Herzog's very best, in my eyes. The ending as an all-time mind-bender.

I hope that you find good things in it. [​IMG]

4. Silas Lesnick

Silas Lesnick Auditioning

Thanks! Ever since I blind-bought the Herzog/Kinski collection last year, Werner Herzog has become one of my top directors. What I'm really waiting for is for someone to release the Ten Minute Older films which have shorts by both Herzog and Jim Jarmusch (another one of my favorites).

5. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

Yes, they do. For example, every film they licensed from Disney (Return to Oz, Midnight Madness, some Hitchcock titles, etc.) have gone out of print and will not be coming back from Anchor Bay. Rights to various other films have expired over the years, and will continue to expire (and many of these will show up as releases from Blue Underground).

DJ