What's new

Heard the new "Rage" this morning (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
KROQ in L.A played an "untitled" track this morning. Any rumors that Chris Cornell lost his voice are false. This song was very heavy, sounded like old Soundgarden. They didn't even know the name of the track, because they supposedly weren't allowed to be playing it. It sounded promising, and Cornell sounded mean, with Tom Morello with a detuned guitar(low b), very reminesent of BADMOTORFINGER era.

Dan B

Screenwriter
So are they still not releasing the album? Also, if the station was "not allowed" to play the song, then why did they? :)
Now excuse me...I have to go put on "Outshined" & start some headbanging.
-Dan

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Also, if the station was "not allowed" to play the song, then why did they?
I think they just say that, KROQ, usually gets stuff early, everbody pretty much, kisses their a**. So I'm sure they were allowed to play it.

Yes, I heard the album is still going to be released. i'm just not sure when.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Nope, the real demos were released on the net yesterday. They're hard to find though since every site that posts them gets shut down. I found a few of them today and they sound spectacular.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

So wait, are the demos or studio songs?

Since the band is already broken up and the album recorded a while ago, I would image any "demo" work for the record would have been done over a year ago... seems odd if such "demo" versions existed that they would hit the net now, rather than the studio versions of the songs.

-Vince

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
And let me add that by spectacular, I mean song-wise. The bit rate is only 128 and the recordings can be a little rough. But they are indeed the real thing, not the renamed Temple that people have been trying to pass off as Cornell-Rage.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Vince, they sound like demos to me. Some of the vocal recording levels seemed off and they don't seem quite polished.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I'd guess they're rough mixes.

Interesting.

Cornell should just go back and make another Soundgarden record...

-V

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Chris Cornell Rules. The best voice in Rock/Metal today. I think he needs to get with Jerry Cantrell and record some stuff. Let's get on it, Chris!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
yeah the radio was probably just playing the stuff that made it into the wild over the last few days. wouldn't be the first time.

mike caronia

Second Unit
I've heard the whole thing. They most definitely do not sound like a demo. They are a finished product for sure.

Sounds more like Soundgarden with Tom Morello than Rage with Chris Cornell if that makes any sense.

There are the obligatory riffs that make you definitely say Rage. But overall, Chris Cornell's voice is sooo different from Zac that to call it Rage-sounding is off the mark. Plus there's a lot of mellow moments throughout the tracks that Rage never would have sought out with Zac.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I've read that they are from last September. They were referred to as demos in the article I read, too...can't remember where the article was.

-Dan

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Having seen Cornell in concert a year or so ago, I can definitely say the man has not lost his voice.

I'd be happy with any Cornell product. I've loved SG, Temple, Singles Soundtrack, B-sides, Sunshower, his solo album, I can't get enough.

And yes, I do believe he's the best voice in rock/hard rock today. And a hell of a songwriter as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks