Heard SVS's SBS-01 system yet?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Rob White, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Rob White

Rob White Stunt Coordinator

Have you heard SVS's SBS-01 system yet?

I think they just starting shipping out early this week. I'm wondering if anyone has listened to them yet. I'm thinking about them as an option.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Rob,

You might want to visit AVSForum. One person, received the first set about 3-4 weeks ago. Plus, others are now receiving the speakers as they just started shipping in supply this past Tuesday.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
  4. Rob White

Rob White Stunt Coordinator

Thanks John,

I had read the thread before. I was hoping that someone had received shipment, since they came out last week. Found a thread at avsforum where a couple of guys have gotten them.

Thanks again,
    Rob

5. Mike Levine

Mike Levine Agent

Mike Levine
    I received the SBS-01 7.1 system Monday and my first impressions are very positive. These speakers replaced a combination of NHT SuperOnes for fronts and center and Energy Take2s for rears. It is wonderful to finally have a proper center speaker. I was a little shocked at the physical size of the sub. It takes up a lot of floor space and is much larger than my Klipsch KSW-12 but what a difference in performance. Everything is hooked up to a Yamaha HTR-5760 Receiver and I'm still calibrating and tweeking. My room configuration makes it difficult to place everything properly but I'm very happy with this system and it is a major audio improvement for me. This is really my first experience with such clean and substantial bass in my home without any of the boominess that I am used to. I guess the ultimate test is that I am able to hear and experience familiar music and soundtrack passages in a new and fresh way with these speakers and sub.

6. scott>c

scott>c Second Unit

I just received a 5.0 set today and am amazed. The center is very good and the speakers are very nice.

7. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

hehehehe rockets out