Heard of this in Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David_N, Dec 4, 2002.

1. David_N

David_N Stunt Coordinator

This question has been driving me crazy for years now. Anyone seen or heard about this before?
    When finishing off a Koopa Kid at the end of their ship, the magic wand would fly up into the air and then fall to the floor in the middle of the screen straight up. But I swear I've seen it land on it's side (kind of at a 45 degree angle) a couple of times.
    Everyone I tell this to says I'm crazy or dreamed it. I've also tried showing people, but the darn thing always lands straight up and down. I've tried several different ways to defeating the Koopa Kids (with fireballs, hammers, Tannookie suit) but can't reproduce this phenomenon.

Anyone have an idea?

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Your not going crazy David. I seem to remember something similiar so I did a quick search.
    Mario Cheats
    Scroll down to see the "wand glitch" listing" [​IMG]

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Heh, nice find Romier. My favorite trick of the SMB series was the double jump in #1 after you got a mushroom. Just press A again after turning big, ahh good times. :wink:

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Old school...nice!

5. David_N

David_N Stunt Coordinator

Hey thanks Romier. Now that I have that off my mind I can try to start living a productive life, free of stress.[​IMG]