What's new

Heard anything about the new AV15 shipment? (1 Viewer)

Denis P

Grip
John has gone quiet on the Stryke site. The last I heard on a forum (this one?) was last week and the the AV15s were supposedly complete and on a loading dock at TC sounds. Has anyone heard anything more/different?

Thanks.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Well, when I spoke with John on the phone yesterday he said that he'd wired the money to TC a couple of days ago but as of Tuesday evening they still hadn't sent them out.

Denis, this isn't a shot at you, but I've noticed more and more lately that people seem to rely on emails and the internet far too much. I'm just as guilty as anyone when it comes to this but sometimes it's amazing how much quicker you can find out the info. you're looking for just by picking up the phone.

Denis P

Grip
Thanks for the info Brian. You are right about calling but you would think that a company that takes orders over their web site would use the the thread on their own forum that they created to provide status on the AV15s.

DavidFun

Agent
I received this email on Wed of this week from john:

The AV15's are in transit to me. The only people to receive AV15's are those who had sent in ones from the first batch to be repaired. The woofers finally left TC yesterday I believe although they haven't given me the confirmation yet. I will be shipping the woofers out Mon, Tues, and Wed next week. You will get an email from UPS with the tracking number later in the evening on the day that it goes out.

Looks like it will be another week or more.

David

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought I'd check in and see if everyone's pre-ordered AV-15 have been accounted for?

I'm just wondering as I emailed John a couple (2) of times... and still no news on my AV15. I don't want to be a pain in the a$$... but I'm beginning to feel like a kid before x-mas... so I thought I'd post on here as many of you are also part of the same preorder.

Thanks guys...
Rob

PS: The stryke forum doesn't seem to allow new members at the moment.

Jake K

Stunt Coordinator
I got my AV15 last week, but I emailed 3 times before he responded. He was having technical difficulties.

Denis P

Grip
I don't believe there is a problem reaching X-Max with the new AV15s. I received four a couple weeks ago and have done some (rough) measurements of their excursion. I made a paper measuring aid as described on the Linkwitz site (I can't remember what he called it but it is a triangle of paper with calibration markings on it). I attached this to the cone and then fed it a 15 hz sine wave and increased the power until I got to ~23mm. This is a pretty crude device but I'm convinced the new AV15s don't have an excursion problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks