Health Question - Can Flavored Seltzer Water be Substitute for Regular Drinking Water

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Mansure, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure Second Unit

I would like to start drinking more water throught each day and was wondering if flavored seltzer water is just as benifical to my body as regular drinking water.

I know it has to have some sugar or sugar-substitute in it but other then that and carbonation, what is the differences between regular drinking water and flavored seltzer water?

Thanks,

Brian

2. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Well, I recently read that since more people are drinking bottled water instead of tap water, that there has been a sharp increase in the number of cavities that people have. Why? Tape water has Fluoride, and bottled water does not.

You can always do the healthier thing and buy citris fruit and put a sline in your ice old tap water to jazz it up.

3. Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure Second Unit

Thanks Mike.

I really never considered the lack of Fluoride in bottled spring water. However I did read that more and more bottled water companies are starting to add Fluoride for the same benefits drinking water has had for years.

It's kinda wierd but, water can taste very different to me depending on it's source and container, so that's why I'm looking for alternatives to spruce it up a little.

I guess there really isn't anything out there better than the real deal.

Brian

4. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

No. Carbonated beverages are dehydrating; they leach water from your system. That's one of the main reasons soda is so bad for your physiology.

Kevin