What's new

Headset and speakers simultaneously (1 Viewer)

jagman653

Grip
Real Name
Ed Sowell
Is it possible to direct the sound from my Pioneer VSX-1021-K receiver amplifier to my Bose AcoustiMass speaker system AND my Sennheiser wireless headset at the same time?

My reason for doing this is my hearing is not as it good as it used to be and I do better with voices (movies, news, etc) if I'm wearing my over the ear wireless head set while my wife prefers the speaker system. Plugging the headset base station into the front panel connector blocks the speakers, so I'm wondering if there's another place on the back panel to plug it in.

Other alternatives I'm looking into are BlueTooth connection directly to my hearing aids, or a on-the-ear wireless headset.

BTW, in my setup everything goes through the Rec/Amp which is connected to the TV via HDMI.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If your source components are using analog outputs, you can use the Pioneer’s ZONE 2 output for the Sennheisers. However, sources connected via HDMI will not send a signal to ZONE 2.

If that’s the case, your only option is the TV itself, via its headphone jack or line-level RCA outputs. If the TV has an optical digital output, and your Sennheiser base station has an optical input (many of them do), that’s an option as well.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

jagman653

Grip
Real Name
Ed Sowell
Thanks, Wayne.

By setup is based on HDMI to minimize cables. I am very reluctant to change that.

Looking at the second option, we watch either things (a) recorded on the Dish set top box, or (b) streamed from sources accessible through the Samsung SmartHub. I would think that in case (a) the "source" would be the Dish box, and (b) the TV. Is that correct? If so, perhaps I could use connect the headphones to the RCA Dish box output for case (a) watching, or the RCA TV output for (b). Other than the nuisance factor, would this work?

jagman653

Grip
Real Name
Ed Sowell
Reed, I hooked up the AmazonBasics HDMA Extractor today but couldn't make it work. It's probably due the way my system is hooked up. The DVR and Blu-Ray player are connected to the Pioneer Rec/Amp via HDMI, then the HDMI connects to the TV. The instructions say the HDMI "source," e.g., Blu-Ray play, is connected to the HDMI In on the Extractor, and the HDMI Out is connected to the HDMI Monitor or projector. The way I look at it, in my case the "source" is the Rec/Amp HDMI Out. So, disconnected the HDMI cable from the Rec/Amp Out, I connected a new HDMI cable to it, and the other end of the new cable to the Extractor HDMI In. Then the Extractor Out is connected to the TV. IOW, the Extractor is between the Rec/Amp and the TV. Then I connected the Stereo Out to my headset base station. With the default setting of Select 2.0 nothing comes out of the headset. When toggle it to 5.1 the TV set blanks.

Is there some other way of hooking this up, or did I waste my money?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks