Heads Up! Watch the prices at Circuit City!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisRC, Jan 10, 2003.

1. ChrisRC

ChrisRC Guest

I was looking on Circuit City's website a few days ago for some Elmo DVD's for the baby. I found them on the site for $9.99 each. I went into the store tonight, and they were $10.99 each! Since I was buying three and I feel much better with $3 in MY pocket instead of CC's, I made a stink after they came up as $10.99 at the register. I had the manager look on their site in front of me(heaven forbid he should take my word for it), and proved to him that his store's computers were overpriced. I got the "discount", but now I guess I should shop the web and print it out before walking into the store. I advise you all to do the same.

-ChrisRC

2. Jeff Engel

Jeff Engel Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the heads up.

3. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

I had the opposite happen. The web site was $1 more for the new James Taylor dvd than the store. But I ordered from the site to get the MSN Holiday credit points. Then I had the store give me credit when I showed them the email receipt.

4. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

I picked up LOTR EE a couple weeks ago to take advantage of the free ticket to watch the Two Towers. I called around and Circuit City had it for $27.99. I went to another Circut City thinking it was the same price, but turns out $29.99. I made them call the other store and price match. I guess not all stores follow the website pricing.