Heads up on the Lethal Weapon DC Triple Feature DVD

James_Garner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Garner
I was able to pick this up early today. While this is not an upgrade from the previous Director's Cut DVDs, it is not in any way a downgrade from the previous versions. Although there is no mention of this anywhere on the packaging, all three films have retained their DTS audio options from the single-disc versions. And yes, all three films are 16x9 (even though the back cover incorrectly list 2 & 3 as being 1.85:1. they're both still 2.35:1) If you don't have any of the LW films, I would definitely consider picking this up, even if it's just for a DTS triple feature.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Amazon says there are only 2 discs. Were LW1 and LW2 previously 4.3 GB each? Are they now paired onto 1 8GB dvd with a new menu? More info, anyone.

Or wait... are these double sided?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yes, more details please!

Does WB use DVD-18's? I don't recall any, which doesn't mean much... Would not two of the films be a bit scrunched on a single regular dual layer DVD?

I'm sure you can figure out why: has anybody seen the LW DC in a dump bin or similar?

James_Garner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Garner
LW 1 & 2 are on opposite sides of a DVD-18, while LW 3 is on the second DVD, which is a DVD-9. they all have the same menu & content as the original DC DVDs. All three contain full-rate (1536kbs) DTS track, leaving little room for extras, although each movie contain their respective trailers.

[email protected]

Second Unit
This is obviously aimed squarely at casual consumers, rather than collector's. But as such, it's a very sweet deal- especially if found at a discounted price.

The first three LW films for less than $15? I'm tempted to pick this up myself, and I already own them.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I'm tempted too if I can't find the LW DC cheap, the set sure is a very good price (~US$11 at amazon.ca).

Frank: yeah, I got the other LW's from the bin, never did find LW (1) DC though, maybe now...

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Maybe they wouldn't be in bargain bins if they weren't run around the clock on TBS, Comedy Central, Spike TV, Cinemax, HBO, etc.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakiratbneha