Head's Up for Resident Evil Fans

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Nees, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Eric Nees

Eric Nees Agent

If you can hold off a day or two from when the game is officially released next week, Target is going to start selling the game next Thursday for $40. This information can be found in their weekly ad that'll be in this coming Sunday’s newspapers.

Edit: Doh! I Spelled the title wrong in my subject... I feel stupid. Is there anyway to edit that??

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

3. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Speaking of Resident Evil, can anybody with IGN Insider at least just give the freakin' number score of the game? IGN has once again altered its service to non-paying users so that we can't even see the numerical score. Yeesh.
    I'd get my Resident Evil at Target, but driving across the border to FIND a Target would probably cost much more than going to Future Shop and getting it for $60 Canadian [​IMG]

4. Eric Nees

Eric Nees Agent

A little birdie told me they gave it a 9.0

5. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

I don't know how much I can post without getting in trouble :b , but here goes:

Presentation

Graphics

Sound

Gameplay

Lasting Appeal

OVERALL SCORE (not an average)

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

You're spot on, Cameron. It's when people regurgitate the entire article/review that IGN get prissy.

7. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Ok now for some bad news.(This actually kind of angers me!). Some excerpts from the article:

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The DPL2 thing is not that big of a deal anymore, since everyone can use it now that its being licensed out. If only it was available sooner.

9. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

10. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

I guess we'll have to wait for Eternal Darkness to get our Dolbyfied and progressive scan horror fix [​IMG]
    Not that my TV can do progressive scan, so I'm not expecting much. Or Dolby [​IMG]

11. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Even though I'm not a fan of horror games I want to give this one try. The original was really the only horror game I played all the way through. The graphic look very good on this game.

-Andre F

12. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I haven't followed the production of the game for the GC. The GC doesn't debut in Oz until the 16th of May and i'll be purchasing Rogue Leader. I'm always hearing good things about the RE series even though i've never really got into it that much. Could someone tell me if this new game is like the originals and has those static backgrounds and you only move the character around, that was my main gripe with the games. Does this one play like a 3rd person shooter type game like Max Payne? Not quite sure if that makes any sense [​IMG]

13. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

people who had doubt about the game should download the movies from ign. i was blown away when i saw the sharks. i thought i could skip the game since i have played lots of resident evil games before and nothing really offered something new. but the graphics only convinced me that this is going to be a different experience, i will buy it.

14. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

Nick,

The game still uses the same pre-rendered backgrounds. But Capcom is using a technique where they overlay polygons of real-time shadows, lights and other animations onto the backgrounds to make them animate and come to life. So even though the backgrounds are pre-rendered, they don't look "static" like the older Resident Evil games.

15. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

The thing I didn't like about the pre-rendered backgrounds was that for me I found it to hard to aim and I couldn't see where the Zombies were coming from. Or maybe there was a camera rotation option and I just didn't know about it [​IMG]
    Either way I've be looking at clips and screenshots and it's looking like it will be hard to pass up.

16. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

What's really cool, if any of you guys have a Fry's Electronics nearby, take your Target advertisement to Fry's on May 1st at 4PM (they start selling the game a day earlier than Target). They will match the price and you'll get your game-on before most other people.

17. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

18. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

It seems Gamespot knocked off for Capcom sticking to the original control scheme, which is a little dated. I dunno, I've played through all the other RE games without major complaints about the controls, so I don't see it as a big issue.

19. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The control scheme is annoying, but when you take into context the fact that the backgrounds will suddenly change, its easier to just keep holding up to walk forward than to try to change direction and end up getting caught in camera angle hell.

So I could care less. This could hinder the gameplay, but it didn't really do much against the first games IMO.