Heads up: Denon DVD-2200 refurbs at ecost for $289...again!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Drew_W, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

2. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

Thanks, just ordered one.

-Dave

3. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    I notice 2900's and even a 5900 show up every so often...

4. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

2900s haven't been in stock for ages now. They're listed on the site, but with that nice truck beside them.

If a 2900 does pop up, I want one. [​IMG]

5. Kincade

Kincade Second Unit

Wohoo! I ordered my 2200 yesterday, and it's on the way to me as of this morning! Looks like they have 2 left.

The rep I just spoke to said that the 2900 is being taken off the website now, and that they will be getting in enough to fulfill existing orders only. So who knows on that.

6. Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio Screenwriter

Ecost isn't very good in updating their site. I had DVD-1600 backordered for months and I finally called them a second time to cancel it. They told me it was already cancelled but the website didn't show it and they "had made a mistake somewhere and I wasn't informed as they normally do". Luckily I found a used 1600 for a little less.

I was a little skeptical on the whole PQ thing but I was happy to find out the talk about good PQ was true. Comparison was done against Sony DVP-CX850D on interlaced CRT projector, 116" picture size.

7. Phil_M

Phil_M Extra

I just called about the 2200 and they said that they have none in stock and haven't had any for a while....and that they are due in the 25th of this month. So it sounds like a run around.

8. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

I wouldn't count on their reps knowing when the products are available. And it seems that they're in when they're in, they're out when they're out. This is understandable, since these are refurbs, and you can't really "predict" when you're getting more refurbs in with long lead time. That is exactly why I posted this thread, and why someone else did last time (when I was fortunate enough to pick one up myself)...

Maybe we can keep doing this for 2200/2900s/other hot items such as those?

9. Kincade

Kincade Second Unit

I actually saw the post that they were available on the AVSforum. Should have posted here when I ordered, but I didn't think they'd actually ship it!

10. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

Woohoo! UPS guy just dropped off my 2200. Haven't had an opportunity to hook it up yet, but cosmetically it's perfect.

Thanks for the heads up Drew.

-Dave

11. MichaelOD

MichaelOD Stunt Coordinator

man...so upset!

this is the second time i tried to order the 2200. they cancelled my order saying that denon no longer plans on selling the 2200 to ecost. apparently as far as ecost was told - that's it, and denon is discontinuing the offer.

i've purchased numerous products from ecost - great firm; but i get the impression that not everyone @ that customer service phone number knows whats going on w/ the web group!

*sigh*...ah well, thanks again for the heads up on the deal drew...if you or anyone else sees a deal - please be sure to put it on the board!

12. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

That's too bad that no more 2200s are coming in. Ever.

But then again, there are new Denon models due out in August. The model replacing the 2200 will come with the single wire digital connection so you can use it with the 3805 and get SACD/DVD-Audio via a single (firewire?) connection.

13. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

I would not listen to anything an Ecost rep says, they will get some more in at some point or another...just keep an eye out and call right away when you see the DVD 2200 with Truck by it. Do not wait for it to show in stock, make your order by phone.

14. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    Question:

I know a guy who just got a 2900 from them and he got it with a defect. Now, he's obviously WELL within the Denon 90 day warranty, but it looks like his only course of action will be to take the unit to an authorized Denon repair place.

That being said, is this really a good avenue to consider?

Where I live, I may not have such a place for an hour or two away from me...

15. MichaelOD

hey james,

so you think its likely the 2200's will be on the block again? what about if they cancel your order? is that not a good indication that the product will no longer be available?

the first time i had placed an order for one - i didn't get a confirmation; just an immediate cancellation. this time, i got confirmation that my order had been taken and processed, to only shortly thereafter get another email stating i was "sh*t out of luck"!

is there anywhere else on the web that sells the denon's refurb @ decent prices? i don't mind buying refurb @ all. never had an issue. already checked ebay, and was unimpressed with pricing.

16. Kincade

Kincade Second Unit

Dakmart also carries them, but do not have nearly as good of prices as ecost...

17. Derek N

Derek N Agent

Thats really the crux of the matter. I have been looking for either a 2200 or 2900 at eCost prices but without luck.

The refurb. on ebay are substantially more. And this is precisely the problem we are having with getting them at eCost. My feeling on this is that someone finally realized that the market for slightly cheaper 2200/2900 was actually pretty hot and that they were selling fairly good at ebay type prices. Thus why bother sending them to eCost to move stock.

The new model theory is solid, but by looking at ebay there doesn't seem to be a lack of stock, just a lack of stock at eCost.

Oh well, I as you will continue to browse hoping to find one at the "right" price.

Derek N

18. Mike<>S

Mike<>S Extra

I got mine last Friday from Ecost and it works perfectly. I loaded the firmware update and all is well. Not bad for $296!

There is a very slight scratch mark on the left side of the player, but who cares, it will be inside a glass cabinet anyway.

Sorry for those who missed this round. Hopefully, there will be more on Ecost soon. I wouldn't trust the sales rep. He told me mine wouldn't ship until the 23rd and it arrived at my house on the 11th.

19. MichaelOD

very interesting observation derek n...that could definitely be the case. it just bothers me that ecost cancelled my order. if they get more in stock - i am now forced to reorder, and we all know how difficult it can sometimes be to beat others to the punch!

i'm grateful for this forum, and the kind people who give a heads up on any great deals - we're not all millionaires!

kudos to those who have been able to take advantage of the deal.

on another note: i've actually taken a look @ dakmart, but i don't believe they ship to canada. as well, they only have the 2900 in stock for considerably more.

20. Kincade

Kincade Second Unit