What's new

Headphones (1 Viewer)

Lee_eel

Second Unit
Can anyone please tell me how i can listen to music cd's through my headphones on my new computer. I have a 5.1 Soundblaster live card with surround speakers and i am unable to listen to cd's with headphones through my computer's cd player. I put the headphone socket into appropriate connection but the sound does not cut out on my surround sound. I also get nothing at all through my headphones. I am confused because on my old computer it was very simple. I just put the cd in and connected the headphones and could listen to music no problem. I have tried muting the volume through the sound options and disabling the surround speakers but to no avail. could someone please tell me where i am going wrong!!!!

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like he's connecting it to the headphone jack on the front of the CD-ROM drive... Why it's not working, I dunno... I've never tried that...

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the CD-ROM drive's headphone connector will work if Windows is set to play CDs using digital extraction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks