What's new

Headphones (1 Viewer)

Cyrus_I

Stunt Coordinator
Hey there,

I just got a new HT system (Yamaha RX-V530, panasonic dvdcv52 and 5.1 pro linear speakers). I was just wondering if you guys could recommend any specific headphones that will do the job nicely. My budget is about $50

Cheers

Mark R. Ososkie

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a pair of Seinheiser HD 590's, and i absolutely love them. They are out of your price range, but they have a HD 500 series, which if you look around, you could probably find for around $50. I have not heard them, but seinheiser makes great quality headphones, so i would imagine they are pretty good.

Andrew Santos

Stunt Coordinator
you could probably get the hd500s for that much, but i would recommend against it. they don't sound very good. the sr-60s would be much better at that price.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I got some Sennheiser EH-2200 headphones that I'd recommend in that price range. Retail is like $100, I got mine for $40 at Guitar Center. They are comfortable like the HD-600 and don't make much noise.

I'd be careful if choosing a wireless or electric noise cancellation. I've heard various models that retail for over $200 sound pretty bad.

Rich X

Stunt Coordinator
Another good site is Link Removed
Sennheiser and Grado are the two best names in headphones. You will find very strong opions about which is better for various types of listening. Pesonnaly, I think Sennheisers are the best for all around listeing and movie watching, but if you want to rock and roll go with Grado.
I too have the Sennheiser 590's and love them. I also have a little unit that Sennheiser used to make (I think it may be discontinued) that takes a stereo feed and reproduces a 3D soundfield for headphone listening--very similar to prologic. This is not a small feat technology-wize. It works very well for late night movie watching and was only $30 about a year ago

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks