headphones for the night?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by EricDeB, Oct 15, 2005.

1. EricDeB

EricDeB Stunt Coordinator

Hi I already have a pair of grados so I'm content for my regular headphone listening, but what I'm looking for is some very cheap headphones (sub 50 dollars) that are extremely cozy for night time listening. I want them to be so cozy that I can fall asleep with them on if I have to. The grados aren't doing it for me and they hurt my head after just a little while. Any recommendations?

Thanks a ton
    Eric

2. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I purchased a wireless set of Advent's that I really like for night use if I want to really crank something. They were only around $50 and actually sound good and I can fall asleep with them on reclining on the couch. Now they are not as good as say your more expensive grados, sony studios or Koss but having had all of the others at one time or another these ain't bad for what I needed.

3. EricDeB

EricDeB Stunt Coordinator

Sweet thanks for the idea. Yeah it's no big deal if they sound good or not, I would just like some music to fall asleep to.

Thanks
    Eric

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

If the Grados hurt your head by putting too much pressure on your ears, you can widen the spread of the headband a bit. This would make the Grados more comfortable.

5. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

The other reason I got these was not for fine listening even though they do a heck of alot better than I thought they would was the cord was always bothering me or waking me. Thats why I decided to do an inexpensive wireless model and all in all (I think it was on sale too, try overstock.com) it works great. Good luck. I have several pair of cans that are great listening but suck if you put your head on something like a pillow or lean back in a recliner.