What's new

Headphones for the bedroom? (1 Viewer)

Harley

Stunt Coordinator
In our bedroom we have a Sony TV, DVD, VCR and Denon receiver.The speakers are under the bed.

What is the best method for one person to listen while the other tries to sleep?

My first thought would be some sort of way to have a box at bedside where I could plug a single-ear ear bud into it.I think I could wire both speakers into the box and put a jack into it which would cancel the speakers, anyone tried this? Or would this method even work?

Is there a commercially available product I could purchase?

Are wireless headphones any good?

Headphones would probably be uncomfortable when trying to lay on your side while watching, does anyone use headphones?

Harley

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i use headphones when my roommate wants to sleep. i have two sets of Sennheisers: one wireless RS60's and one HD580's. now the wireless set are ok, but if you're in a room with alot of electronic stuff you'll get interferance.
the 580's however are sublime. listening to them is absolute bliss! and they are so comfortable, you can sleep in them. i've done it! they come with a ~10' cord and you can buy an extension for cheap that'll let you go anywhere in the room while listening to great sound! www.headphone.com

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
To not disturb your loved one, I strongly recommend:

Beyerdynamic DT250-80

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

I bought the latter before the former was available. Most say that the former is better. But my DT770 is excellent. I use an amp with it. The 250-80 is a much better choice for driving with any old jack in a receiver or CD/DVD/LD player.

I can't stick stuff in my ears like the Etymotic (which totally seal your ear canal)...my ears are kind of sensitive and need to breathe more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks