What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Headphone setup (1 Viewer)

vanmol

Grip
Real Name
knarf lomnav
Hi--I have a Pioneer VSX-LX102 receiver and I am trying to connect my Sennheiser HDR175 headphones. I have connected the headphone cable to the Optical (tv) output but get no sound to headphones. What additional steps are needed within the receiver to get audio?
I now have the headphones hooked up to the TV and it works fine after shutting off the receiver but would like to upgrade the quality by connecting to the receiver.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That optical (TV) is an input to the receiver from the TV. The Pioneer as in most receivers don't have optical outputs.

vanmol

Grip
Real Name
knarf lomnav
That optical (TV) is an input to the receiver from the TV. The Pioneer as in most receivers don't have optical outputs.

Thanks much for that info. Guess I will have to be happy with audio from the TV.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I use the headphone jack on my receiver for my wireless Sennheiser's - my earphones are a different model, but I looked up yours and what I saw said it can accept a signal from 3.5mm - I use an adapter to go from quarter inch to 3.5mm and I think the sound is awesome. Just a thought.

Sennheiser.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chantalc
Recent bookmarks