Heading to Cooperstown for Induction Weekend.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jerry Almeida, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida Second Unit

Jerry Almeida
    I'm planning on going to the Baseball Hall of Fame for Induction Weekend in July. Looking for any information/recommendations from folks who have been.

I've already booked my flight and room. I'm staying at the Baseball Town Motel. It says they're 2 doors down from the actual HoF. I'm sure it's not the nicest place, but it's close. [​IMG] Anyone ever stayed there?

Any advice for this trip would be appreciated.

2. Scott Mac

Scott Mac Auditioning

My wife and I are also heading down for the Induction weekend. I'm a huge Ryne Sandberg fan so this was a must for me.

I've been there once before, but not for the induction weekend. I've read on the Hall of Fame web-site that there can be as many as 15,000 fans showing up, so for the induction ceremony it would be a good idea to show up early.

I also read on the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce site that parking can be problem that weekend, as the town only has a pop. of 2,000. The best way to get around is by using the trolley system they have. Just park at one of the 3 designated parking lots and you can travel on the trolley all day for $2/adult.

Anyway, we are staying at a B&B about 25 miles from Cooperstown, it is located in Herkimer.

Have a great time, I know I will.

3. Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida Second Unit

Jerry Almeida
    That's exactly why I'm going too. I 31 years old and was born in Chicago, so as a kid I got to watch Ryno in his prime. I started planning my trip the same day I heard he was going to be inducted.

I hoping I could get some recommendations on "must sees" (besides the HoF of course) and what to avoid. My buddy and I are hoping to do a little fishing too.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Great place. I've lost track of how many times I've been there. Try and get there a day or two early and bring both Nat'l and Am league balls. Usually you can find a fair amount of old timers in the local restaurants or walking the streets away from their damned agents and get the balls signed. I've got one signed by both Don Larsen and Yogi...