1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Head Units with built in hard drives

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by James_Z, Dec 24, 2004.

1. James_Z

James_Z Agent

Im looking for in dash head units with built in hard drives. The Sony and Pioneer units are pretty much what I'm looking for, but with a bigger hard drive. The Alpine HDA-5460 is the closest I;ve found to what I need, but it has no built in tuner. Anyones have any suggestions?

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Eclipse makes some.

Best way is to do the Alpine + Ipod thingy. Much more space and encoding options.

3. DanHal

DanHal Stunt Coordinator

James,

I see that you've already looked at the Alpine HDA-5460. Crutchfield has a sale going on for that model for under $300.00 with a 10% off coupon. But, I guess that still doesn't solve your issue of having no tuner. Perhaps a small separate reciever for just radio. . .

Good luck!

4. James_Z

James_Z Agent

scott and dan...thanks for the replies, but im looking for a single unit with a HD and tuner....any info on the Eclipse model?

5. Mark gas

Mark gas Second Unit

The HDA-5460 has software problems and had been recalled. I would not use it.