What's new

head to head tourney - Joel & Ethan Coen vs. the HTF (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
quote: If you didn't make it into the tourney, but would like to compete, I could be persuaded to run a sequel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This implies that only the nine with noms can vote.
That's what it reads like to me too.
But, just in case non-participants can vote...
A Clockwork Orange (I'm in the Coen's are gods camp, but BF is my least favorite Coen film, and ACO is one of my all-time favorite films.)

Agee Bassett

Supporting Actor
Barton Fink -- that I have seen, best movie of the 90's, IMO.
A Clockwork Orange, like The Shining a perverse, patented Kubrick mind-fuck, is among the most morally-bankrupt films I have seen.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
:eek: Wow Agee! It's been a long time since I've seen Barton Fink so maybe I shouldn't vote, but based on A Clockwork Orange being my 3rd fav Kubrick, and IMO, better than any of the Coen's films, I think I'm pretty safe in voting for it.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
This implies that only the nine with noms can vote.
Nope, voting is open to everyone. What I meant in my earlier post that you quoted from was that if anyone else is interested in pitting their favorite flick against the Coens, I could run a sequel featuring nine new HTF picks.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
A Clockwork Orange
If the Coens are truly going up against "HTF Favorites" then where is 2001: A Space Odyssey?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The Coens stumble out of the starting gate as A Clockwork Orange wins 15 - 1.
Now they have to get around the Corleones. Methinks the Dude will soon be sleeping with the fishes...
Round 1 - Bracket 2
The Godfather vs. The Big Lebowski
Excluded from voting this match: Gabe D
Remember: you're voting for the film you prefer.
My vote goes to: The Big Lebowski
I should note that I'm not a big fan of either movie. If this were a best-film tourney, it'd be no contest: The Godfather.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks