What's new

Directors head to head tourney - draft 1 vs. draft 2 (1 Viewer)

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
abstain (no Planes)

Double elimination
This is getting to be crap. If Floyd or anything else has a (low-scoring) lead like 1-0, they should be allowed to advance. This double elimination shit should only be used if there is a low-scoring TIE. That's what I think.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Ric,

We voted on this way back when. The purpose of this wasn't to pick a film anyway, it was to pick a draft (although I have to admit as time goes on, it's getting harder and harder to remember anything about those drafts).

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Raising Arizona wins.
Next,
Poltergeist vs. Planet of the Apes (1968)
You know, I've never not finished a tournament I started, but I have to admit I'm not really keen on this one anymore.
So, additional question
Continue this tourney vs. Abandon it

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Poltergeist
I'm slightly curious to see how draft 1 is "stacking up" against draft 2 so far. But it wouldn't mean anything. Like the numerical tournament I took over, this one just seems to meander along without any discussion at all. I wouldn't miss it. Abandon it, if it's boring you.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Planet of the Apes (1968)
I know what a drag it is to keep running a tournament when you lose all interest so you have my blessings to kill it. :D
Abandon it

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Well, I kinda wanted to see how few of my picks made it past round one.:D Looks like I'm about to lose another one...
Abstain
Continue

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks