Head stuck up my

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John S Smith, Jan 1, 2002.

1. John S Smith

John S Smith Agent

...unfinished ceiling, running cable, dedicated circuits, "future" conduits, home runs to distribution points, Hubs for voice/data/video....AAARGGHHH!

Never even been in a real HT (stores don't count, lousy company and no beer!)But determined to pull it all together some time this century, HT or the closest I can get to it, room is probably a sound nightmare, glass doors down both walls, hardwood floors, open to kitchen and living room and hallway/staircase! Realise now that there is no such thing as a finished HT, also that I, (1) Don't know jack about any of this "stuff" (2)Need to concentrate on installing a basic system untill I can figure it all out (3) need to stop mental upgrading based on what you guys have learnt over the years.

Many thanks to all members for a great forum where civility is the norm.

Now where is that F#%^&^ hammer..........

..john

2. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

John,
    Take a deep breath,and count to ten.OK that said what was that all about[​IMG]

3. John S Smith

John S Smith Agent

Joe
    Sorry about the muddled post, just a moment of frustration, really. I have been trying to build a HT with no real experience, relying heavily on HTF members for input. Have found the members to be helpfull in a non condescending way, tried to acknowledge that help and be amusing about it.
    Guess a "Happy new year from newbie" might have been more appropriate.
    Oops!
    john
    :b [​IMG]
    ..anyone see my tape measure?