What's new

Head Phones for my iPad 2? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just traveled with my iPad for the first time and had assumed the $15 sony earbuds I've been using on my iPhone would sound ok on the iPad...Wrong. They were tinny sounding and if i had the volume up high enough to hear dialogue, the loud scenes in movies were too loud. Living social just sent me a deal for inCase Pivot phones for $32, Reflex for $42, and Sonic for $72. Any thoughts on these head phones?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I have two pair that I live with.. a pair of HeartBeats ( http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B6401&cat=2 ) which I received a month or two ago,

but my real set is a Denon Ah-D2000: http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pcatid=Headphones%28DenonNA%29&CatId=OverEar%28DenonNA%29&PId=AHD2000%28DenonNA%29

The Denon AH-D2000 are amongst the best I have ever listened to, they never seem to leave me wanting, and their response is fantastic. Truly, one of those things I can sit in a room and work with these on, shut out the world and jam ;) Excellent on an airplane as well.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

I just traveled with my iPad for the first time and had assumed the $15 sony earbuds I've been using on my iPhone would sound ok on the iPad...Wrong. They were tinny sounding and if i had the volume up high enough to hear dialogue, the loud scenes in movies were too loud.

That's weird. Headphones should sound the same device to device.

I'd get another pair of headphones to try, to make sure there's not something wrong with the iPad jack.

I should give my wife's an iPad a try on this.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just got around to trying out my iPad listening to some music and watching a movie at home in a quiet environment. The movie and music sound fine here at home with the same $15 Sony in-ear phones. I now believe the problem is a combination of cheap phones and high ambient noise on an airliner. It's easy to not notice the level of the engine noise when you're not trying to listen to something else. When I say "sound fine", it's all relative. There's not much range and certainly very little bass. A bit on the tinny side. They've worked quite well jogging and listening to audio-books and even music. For future travel, I'm going to need better phones, ones that will do a better job of canceling out the ambient noise. I'm still interested in recommendations for a decent set that would cost no more than $50-75.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks