What's new

Head of the Class (1986) (1 Viewer)

ClassicTVFan1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Benjamin Edge
Is anyone interested in getting the 1986-91 ABC series Head of the Class a DVD release? I am one of those people...

Anyway, its theme song starts out medieval-sounding (orchestral strings and harpsichord) and then about halfway through switches to electric guitar-and-synth-driven mode. To me this medieval-sounding arrangement reminds me of the closing theme to the 1978 Bugs Bunny special A Connecticut Rabbit in King Arthur's Court (a.k.a. Bugs Bunny in King Arthur's Court).

I'd think the reason it's not out on DVD as of yet may be due to certain songs within the series as being licensed when first ran, and to use those songs originally featured on the ABC run would be too costly. That is the case with many TV shows that had licensed material during their original runs before they even went into syndication. One example is the first ever WWF WrestleMania special from March 31, 1985, which had the Philip Bailey-Phil Collins hit "Easy Lover" as the intro theme and Harold Faltermeyer's "Axel F (Theme from Beverly Hills Cop)" as the outro theme.

~Ben

ThatDonGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Del Grande
Well, WWE is notorious for changing music - even on shows it didn't originally produce. (Both the 1980s-era NWA shows on WTBS and the mid-1990s ECW episodes (which WWE air on its OnDemand channel) have to replace quite a bit of music (examples: originally, The Road Warriors used the original Iron Man, and Sandman used Enter Sandman, but both are replaced.)

As for Head of the Class, could the problem be the musicals that it put on (Grease, Little Shop of Horrors, and Hair)? (They also did a music video to "The Future Looks Bright" early in the run, which, IIRC, gave them the idea to do the musicals.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks