What's new

Head East catlogs titles to CD! (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know how much interest there is in Head East at this forum, but I am a big, big fan. I've got all of their albums on homemade CD, but I've always wanted to see them released properly--something Roger Boyd has been working on for years. Well, according to the unofficial Head East website, there is finally some progress being made! Hip-O records will be releasing the third and fourth albums--Gettin' Lucky and Untitled (or Head East or Arrows)--as a two-on-one-disc offering. I'd rather have standalone releases, but I'll take it. Nothing has been mentioned beyond that, but this release will mean that half of the classic John Schlitt lineup will be available on CD--even though one of those releases is a probably-out-of-print import-only disc (Different Kind of Crazy). If the idea is a series of two-fers, it would work out to be:

Flat As a Pancake/Get Yourself Up
Gettin' Lucky/Untitled
Live/Different Kind of Crazy

I kind of doubt if they would go beyond that, but the remaining three would be US-1, Onward and Upward and Choice of Weapons. They are all three enjoyable albums, but the lineup had changed and so had the label for the latter two. I don't know what the rights situation would be like for them, but I hope they make it out.

Anyway, the two in the pipeline are excellent and contain some of my favorite Head East songs of all.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I'm in! I've always loved John Schlitt's voice. The arrows LP will bring back some fond teenage memories of keg partying and making out to Get Up and Enjoy Yourself. :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I just made an MD and a CD of DIFFERENT KIND OF CRAZY from a totally, tee-totally purr-fect copy of the LP. I don't need that one but I'd buy some of the others.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The album is now available!

http://www.hip-oselect.com/catalogue_headeast.asp

You can ONLY get it through this website. It is a limited edition, but I'm afraid even 2500 copies won't sell out too quickly. I preordered mine and it's on the way.

I just got an e-mail with some really good news that wasn't in the album info on that page. Though it has a new cover (based on Arrows promo art featuring Roger Boyd's then-wife Deborah), ALL the original art is included.

New cover:

Promo art:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks