He must have died while carving it...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Phil Florian, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Phil Florian

Phil Florian Screenwriter

I saw the above quote in someone's sig file (I can't find it, now, but whomever it is, it rules!) and it reminded me of the great Joseph of Arimathea bit from The Holy Grail flick. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had a picture from that scene saved away somewhere. I looked online and can't find it, but I remember seeing it scrawled on the cave wall in the movie and was thinking of doing an imitation of it in dank corner of my basement. Odd, I know, but it is winter in Ohio and we have lots of time on our hands! [​IMG] I don't have the DVD (don't hurt me) either so it is only memory and a quick .jpg would be nice.

Thanks! Don't make fun of me! Much!

Ciao,

Phil

2. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

I hereby make fun of you. I'll send you a screenshot later on today. Happy?

3. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    I second the raspberry. Buy this DVD! [​IMG]

4. Phil Florian

Phil Florian Screenwriter

[​IMG] [​IMG] :b [​IMG] [​IMG]

Your post...made me run...through entire gamut of emotions...can't hold it in!

Thanks!

Phil

5. Mark Kalzer

Mark Kalzer Second Unit

Does anyone else think that scene is a take off from Lord of the Rings? I reminded of this Monty Python bit every time I watch the Moria bit in The Fellowship of the Ring. "We cannot get out. We cannot get out...they are coming...", and then I expect an "AAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!" Really makes you wonder what the point is of writing that stuff out.

That scene is in the books for Lord of the Rings, so it's at least possible!

I also get reminded when a few minutes later when they hear the Balrog, Gandalf's shouts "RUN!", I half expect them all to shout "RUN AWAY!"

6. Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz Supporting Actor

Does anyone else think that scene is a take off from Lord of the Rings? I reminded of this Monty Python bit every time I watch the Moria bit in The Fellowship of the Ring. "We cannot get out. We cannot get out...they are coming...", and then I expect an "AAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!"

Mark, I thought this exact thing just a few days ago whilst watching Fellowship. I actually made myself laugh out loud thinking it.

7. John Alderson

John Alderson Supporting Actor

Oh great, I'll never be able to watch that section of FOTR again without laughing.

For me, it was ROTK when the orcs were pushing the huge wooden things across the bridges at Osgiliath. All I could think of was "Look, if we built this large wooden badger..."