What's new

He-Man, The original, Coming to DVD?!? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, since I can't think of a better reaction than the one I just e-mailed to Gord and to another friend, I'll just cut-and-paste it here:
----------

Ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitoh shitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please please PLEASE, God...tell me this is true!!!!

:thud:

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, with a new He-Man Series in a week or two, a new TMNT Series in January, the ORIGNIAL He-Man on DVD, possibly the original TMTN on DVD, a new TMNT/He-Man/Thundercat Comic, and now a possible NEW Thundercat show...
Well, I'm in gluttony heaven :).
But now I need to know how all of these guys are calling the Vice President of Programing at CN. I need to get ahold of that number :).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Comicon is usually where these things are announced. Maybe Hallmark finally figured out that no one wants the 90% of the Filmation library that's crap

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, Rhino has all but nixed any GI Joe discs ;( :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
Both G.I Joe and TMNT are coming in 2003. Rhino was suppose to release a G.I. Joe DVD this September (Arise!, Serpentor, Arise!), but they put that on hold. What I'd like to know is, who is releasing the classic He-man? If its Hallmark, then I'm guessing Artisan, who is also releasing the TMNT DVD. I'm happy now :)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I may just explode if all this news is really true. Oh my!

Dan

PS: I think the new He-Man is shaping up nicely! Can't wait for it to his my shores...

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
Dance then wherever you may be
I am the lord of the dance said he
and I'll lead you all wherever you may be
and I'll lead you all in the dance said he

Yip yip yip.

tranquilizer please...

Gruson

Second Unit
I love the old He-man. It's a classic.

However, I will not even give the new one a chance. The animation, music, and voices will never live up to the original!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree, the new one will probably be a gross dissapointment

Nothing can beat the original for pure cheese

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I won't pre-judge the new series. I'll give it a chance. I've read on and off that the creators of the new series are talking to the creators of the old series. They are making a few changes here and there, yes, like Cringer/Battle Cat not talking at all. And like getting Randor's butt up off his throne and doing things himself on occassion. But, overall, they are giving serious consideration to making a serious bit of entertainment.

Yeah, it COULD suck. But I'll check it out and decide for myself. Updates to The Transformers haven't exactly lived up to the perfection of the original, but have still been enjoyable and worth tuning in for...at least to me.

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
Give the new one a chance at least. You can be that guy who'll say "yeah its OK, but I was around back in the day". It can be some sort of credential in our otherwise wasted post-80s-childhood lives.
Or is that just me? :D
I'll give it a chance. Like Dave said, no TF series post G1 (Beast Machines especially) has even come close to the original. So the odds are the new he-man will not live up to the original, but kids going round saying "I have the power" could be a real tear jerker. :)
Anyone know if the new one will have a "life lesson" at the end like all the great 80s toons had. They should be mandatory I tell ya!

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Wasn't there already a new He-Man cartoon at one point? They completely bastardized it and changed the whole transformation sequence and everything ("By the Power of Eternia" instead of "By The Power of Grayskull"). Is this new series the same show or a different one?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
David, those new Transformers shows aren't updates, the show never really ended in Japan. We missed out on buckets of episodes.

I thought Car Robots was abomidably bad personally

Gruson

Second Unit
Yes, there was a new He-man at one point. It was called the New Adventrues of He-man and came out in 1989.
I did not care for that series at all. This was the logo:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks