What's new

He-Man - Season 2, Volume 1 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I posted news earlier tonight for the Season 2, Vol. 1 release of He-Man (original). It's got box art, date, and extras (including commentary tracks!) in the news. Cool stuff, so I thought I'd let interested parties know about it.

Joe:C

Second Unit
Great news! Thanks for the update Dave. This is coming in June and then Secret of the Sword should be released in July. I have to say the only way I'll be disapointed with these sets is if they aren't able to get interviews with John Erwin and Alan Oppenheimer.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I've been holding out on purchasing these sets for now since I'm having trouble locating an "Orko Approved" season 1, part 1. I've checked virtually every store in the surrounding area, and none have that sticker on the back. I do however own the "10 best" release. I'd rather just hold out for a pristine copy of the first set without buying a defective one, then going through the motions of getting it replaced.

Second Unit
The toy commercials probably won't be on any of the releases. Mattel owns all of that stuff. In one of the Q&A's BCI said they tried to get Mattel on board, but I guess they weren't interested. So, there's a lot of great stuff we won't get to see.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
unless Mattel is thinking about releasing a TV toy commercial DVD set, I don't see what is wrong with putting their commercial on the He-man sets.

oh by the way,
here is afunny He-man commercial for Man-e-faces.

He-man Commercial

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
It would be amazing if they could secure all of the commercials for the S2-V2 set. Of course it's just wishful thinking since Mattel has chosen to have nothing to do with these releases. But wouldn't that be the ultimate bonus feature?? I for one would love it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm just thrilled with the news the next volume is coming out in rather short order. I haven't even gotten through the first set, let alone the second one. These are top-notch releases, with or without the commercials.

Though I would love to see them.

Second Unit
Here's some news from Andy Mangels (who has been putting the documentaries together] about the toy commercials and voice actor interviews.

Toy Commercials

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I can understand why John E. wouldn't want to be involved. he's reportedly tired about being associated with nothing but he-Man. But I thought Alan O. was a rather nice guy all around. He even provided a voice for the new 2002 line of toys.

I wonder if he's making all these unreasonable demands through his agents, or if the agents are controlling everything without contacting him about it... Too bad we can't find some way to get an answer. Maby someone can catch him at the next signing..

It's sad that the people at Mattell seem to be such un reasonable biatches in such matters. After reading 'The Rise and fall of a Billiondollar Idea", it seems some people never grow up, even when they are in a multi billion dollar industry such as the toy buisness..

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Wanna know what my reaction has always been to people like this? WWWWAAAAAAAA. Seriously, they are part of pop culture history. Just because it has gotten old for them does not mean it has gotten old for the rest of us. Really, we've done just fine without his two cents; we don't need to beg him now. Leave him off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks