What's new

He Man/Masters of the universe (1 Viewer)

Tanner

Stunt Coordinator
Im pretty sure the Masters of the Universe was released today. Can't find it anywhere. Anyone seen it?

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
I was sure it was today too. But after checking around I found the date was moved.
Too bad I couldn't look at the good old Laserviews/Image release date announcements/delays/cancelations page.

Lucas Dang

Stunt Coordinator
So if it didnt come out this week than why did the local Grocery/clothing/hardware/electronic/not wallmart all in one store put out a sale tag listing Masters of the universe for 14.99. I tried to buy it but there were none left. OR, there never were any because its not out yet, which again causes me to ask, Why did they put out a sale flag for this movie, would they actually put out the sale flag and not actually have the dvds sitting under it. Goes to show some people are stupid.
Lets put some stuff on sale that we dont even have in stock!
Actually they do this a lot at this particular store.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
So, erm, does anybody know what features this disc has?
I've scoured the 'Net but no luck.
i.e.
1. is it anamorphic widescreen OAR? (I have to ask, it's Warner)
2. is the commentary track recorded some time ago included, or do we have to wait for a SE (a la MGM)?

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I've never seen any confirmation that the commentary was actually recorded -- just that some of the cast and crew were contacted about possibly recording one.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Adam, it looks as if you are right
frown.gif

This from He-Man.org:
as well. DVD Empire is listing "Masters of the Universe" as an October 23rd release. The entry doesn't make any mention of aspect ratio or special features, but a trailer is a safe bet, and hopefully that commentary was recorded and will be included as well. The disc will apparently list at Warner's catalog price of $19.99.
I remember reading that and thinking "preliminary stages" meant they had the raw footage (or some of it) already recorded, with editing to come. I will be very disappointed if this is a bare bones releases (and devastated if it's pan/scam only).

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The DVD includes (according to the back packaging):
- 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Sound
- Audio Commentary by Director Gary Goddard
- Character Profiles
- Interactive Menus
- Theatrical Trailer
- Scene Access
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info, Matthew.
PhilipG: I was the one who wrote the text you quoted from he-man.org.
smile.gif

Luis A

Second Unit
Lucas, I know what store you are talking about. I saw someone last week get the last copy of this movie, when I asked if there were anymore the girl said "not until the 23rd but if any come in before we can call you". No call yet so I guess I'll be waiting til the release date. L.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Thanks Matthew - big relief! For a while there I thought Warner might classify it a kid's film, ripe for shoddy pan/scam treatment.
And thanks for the quote, Adam.
smile.gif
Pity no Lt Paris commentary.
wink.gif
I read the original interview where RDM mentioned he'd been contacted about the commentary, and he was all for participating... I suppose there must have been scheduling problems.

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
Nope, it's 1.85. Saw it many times in the theater.
I can't eat fried chicken without thinking of this flick.
------------------
"If you can't hunt with the big dogs, stay on the porch with the puppies."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks