What's new

HDvision magazine on iPad (1 Viewer)

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Hey guys,

authorised by Mr Adam Gregorich, who kindly helped us on our first issue, I take a bit of your time here to present my new venture called HDvision.

HDvision is a magazine, well, you guessed it, about High Def, the kind you may have never seen before. It's available exclusively in the Apple App store. It premiered yesterday january 4, 2011, in the french App Store, and January 28, 2011 in stores worlwide in a translated english "international" version.

The magazine come under the form of an Application, free to download, only for the iPad. It includes of course written features, as well as many multimedia goodies, HD galleries pics, trailers, TV spots etc. all dressed up in an interactive way to flip columns, and watch pictures etc.

First issue have a James Cameron interview, as well as Van Ling, Blu-ray reviews etc.

I'm sure many of you will like our "comparator", used to flip between old and new masters, shots with or without SFX etc. check out the youtube video below.

To download issue #0 which is free, go there for the US App store, or check your own country App store, it's available worldwide.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hdvision/id408890744?

We have a limited edition print version, in french language only, available through our website here

http://www.hdvision-mag.com/

Let me know what you guys think of it. :)

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
So did you get it ? It seems it's gone from the US App Store for reasons I cannot fathom, but it's still in the french store in both versions (english and french).

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
The version in the french App Store is the same as the english one, so if you download it there, the App will be in english, if your IPad settings are english.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Hi again guys and gals,

We are restructuring our network of website in prevision of our future launch of issue #1.

The english language site is now at http://www.hdvision-mag.com/ and you will be able, starting this week, to read the whole magazine online (including the Van Ling interview) day after day as we post the contents.

Enjoy...

D

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
The magazine is nice and all, but but why oh why is yet another iPad magazine app where you can't increase the font size??? What were you thinking???

Why is it that The Economist does flawless pinch & zoom font resizing but you and so many others don't? Didn't you get a hint from iBooks, Kindle, Instapaper, etc etc. that resizable fonts are important?

The only explanation I can come up with is that Adobe sold you a bill of goods and their tools are incapable of producing resizable text (that seems to be the case with Conde Nast publications). If you are in the same boat, please fire Adobe and find a competent iOS developer. It can't be that hard.

Sorry for the rant, but it has been building up, iPad publication after publication and you were a ready and deserving target.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Hi Ted,

No worry, this original issue #0 was a sort of a test to see what worked, or not, and I concur with many assessments readers have made (apart from the file size criticism, this is HDvision not Low Res Vision thus the file HAVE to be big).I also think some parts like the Blu-ray reviews layout are totally off the wall, (you can't read the articles), and other bunch of stuff that makes no sense.

The design on our magazine version is much better, that is because the art direction benefits from the years we build it on DVDvision magazine.

We already prevented your suggestion a little while ago, as we parted ways with the company that did the ergonomics on this iPad issue. For issue #1, we will have many improvements and it will look much better, including a completely redesigned interface. Regarding zooming text, the way the magazine is layered prevents that, I think you can see it.

Meanwhile to rest your eyes, you can zoom fonts on our website version, we just posted the Christophe Gans interview over Wolfman here :

http://www.hdvision-mag.com/2011/04/brotherhood-of-the-wolfman.html

Kornrumpf

Auditioning
Real Name
Kornrumpf
Originally Posted by Ted Todorov flawless pinch & zoom font resizing but you and so many others don't? Didn't you get a hint from iBooks, Kindle, Instapaper, etc etc. that resizable fonts are important?

The only explanation I can come up with is that Adobe sold you a bill of goods and their tools are incapable of producing resizable text (that seems to be the case with Conde Nast publications). If you are in the same boat, please fire Adobe and find a competent iOS developer. It can't be that hard.

Sorry for the rant, but it has been building up, iPad publication after publication and you were a ready and deserving target.

We already prevented your suggestion a little while ago, as we parted ways with the company that did the ergonomics on this iPad issue. For issue #1, we will have many improvements and it will look much better, including a completely redesigned interface. Regarding zooming text, the way the magazine is layered prevents that, I think you can see it.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I'm back again with a bit of shameless self promotion, we finally put online the Van Ling interview published by HDvision (both in the iPad and ltd edition print version), for all websurfers to read.

So here it is, though going back more than 8 months, it's still a fairly interesting read. The interview was written in french, and translated back to english by a third party, so pardon any language or expression fault.

http://bit.ly/lTeB87

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
How do I get this on the iPad? Sorry, iTunes for iPad.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Our precedent distributor had it worldwide, but apparently it's only available in the french store right now, even thought it's in both french and english versions.

I suggest you create a french account. The App is free.

Users who are viewing this thread