What's new

HDTV'S "Yesterday's quality vs Today's quality (1 Viewer)

peter m. wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I think ISF'rs would be a good resource for an aticle at HDTV on this.

I was a relativly early adopter picking up a Tosh65h80 and an sd5109 progscan dvd (think it was one of the first)in OCT 2000, it was the new 2001 model. I paid about $8000cdn inc del/tx/isf and igot 4 quotes so it was pretty much as good a price as was available at the time.

We all know that prices have dropped quite a bit since then and that's good because the more people who buy the more they will be demanding HD content. The article I would like to see is about relative hardware quality between when I got mine (go even back further if it makes more sense) and what is being produced to-day.

I have a friend who is a well known ISF'r and have heard his opinion, and i think there's enough meat on that bone to make a vey interesting article.

WHADAYATHINK,
Peter m.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
A thrust for such a story would be if "early adopters" are necessarily doing the right thing buying into first- and second-generation technology.

On the other hand, I read in one magazine recently where the writer commented, while talking about Sony's most recent crop of HD-capable direct-view models, that Sony's very first 34-inch 16:9 set (from 1999) is still the best he has seen.

Either way, I think this is a good story idea. What say you, Clint?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.