Hdtv

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jerin, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Jerin

Jerin Auditioning

Hai,

somebody can explain what is HDTV,Digital Tv and how does it differs from normal CRT TV

Thanks

2. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

U.S. HDTV is digital in the way is is transmitted over the air. HDTV is also digital for most of the production path from camera to transmitter, these digital techniques are finding their way into NTSC and PAL video production as well.
    When it gets to the TV set it is turned back into an analog video signal that is substantially the same as regular NTSC or PAL TV except that there are lots more scan lines. The same kind of picture tube ane electron beam are used in most cases.
    For flat panel digital displays such as LCD, and also LCD and DLP projectors, HDTV can omit the conversion to analog, or both HDTV and regular TV video signals as analog can be turned (back) into digital.
    If you have changed your computer between 640 x 480 regular VGA and 1024 x 768 extended VGA, that gives an idea of the difference between standard definition and high definition TV.
    Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

4. Jerin

Jerin Auditioning

Thank you guys for your convincing reply.

I think I should have done some more browsing and reading before posting my Question.

Finally I must say that,This's agreat forum.I have seen many but this one stands out !!

Keep it up:b