What's new

Hdtv (1 Viewer)

JoshWB

Grip
I have had my Mitsu 55 inch Diamond series for about 3 months now, and I must say, I am amazed. My question is, I live in a apt./condo area, and I am having trouble with every antenna I have tried to pick up OTA in HD. Anybody have any suggestions. I have tried the on the dish antenna, and the Recoton indoor/outdoor amplified, and still nothing. I am using the Mitsubishi Direct TV set top decoder box, and I just need to get a good antenna to go along with it. But I do not have a roof to mount an antenna on. Just a patio.

Michael_Sit

Auditioning
Have you tried the Radio Shack double bow indoor antenna ? That's what I'm using and also a lot of people on the web.
It's only $18

JoshWB

Grip
Yeah, I tried that, and got absolutely no stations. I could pick up the regular stations if I messed around with the antenna each and every time, but no HDTV channels.

Brian Mello

Stunt Coordinator
Have you tried a ChannelMaster Stealth with a Channel Master Spartan or Titan pre-amp? You can pick these up a Lowe's.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am having better luck with a Radio Shack Indoor Amplified UHF/VHF antenna than I did with the RS double bowtie antenna. I do need to reposition the antenna slightly to pick up some of the stations, though, and all the towers are in the same general direction. I tried the double bowtie both with and without an external amplifier.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 1

JoshWB

Grip
I have tried the radio shack amplified with no success, and i am starting to think that the Terk indoor/outdoor is the best i can get, and it is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks