Hdtv

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoshWB, Nov 12, 2001.

1. JoshWB

JoshWB Extra

I have had my Mitsu 55 inch Diamond series for about 3 months now, and I must say, I am amazed. My question is, I live in a apt./condo area, and I am having trouble with every antenna I have tried to pick up OTA in HD. Anybody have any suggestions. I have tried the on the dish antenna, and the Recoton indoor/outdoor amplified, and still nothing. I am using the Mitsubishi Direct TV set top decoder box, and I just need to get a good antenna to go along with it. But I do not have a roof to mount an antenna on. Just a patio.

2. Michael_Sit

Michael_Sit Auditioning

Have you tried the Radio Shack double bow indoor antenna ? That's what I'm using and also a lot of people on the web.
    It's only $18

3. JoshWB

JoshWB Extra

Yeah, I tried that, and got absolutely no stations. I could pick up the regular stations if I messed around with the antenna each and every time, but no HDTV channels.

4. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

Have you tried a ChannelMaster Stealth with a Channel Master Spartan or Titan pre-amp? You can pick these up a Lowe's.

5. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I am having better luck with a Radio Shack Indoor Amplified UHF/VHF antenna than I did with the RS double bowtie antenna. I do need to reposition the antenna slightly to pick up some of the stations, though, and all the towers are in the same general direction. I tried the double bowtie both with and without an external amplifier.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 1

6. JoshWB

JoshWB Extra

I have tried the radio shack amplified with no success, and i am starting to think that the Terk indoor/outdoor is the best i can get, and it is worth it.