What's new

hdtv with direct tv (1 Viewer)

Ernest J.

Auditioning
I have a Panasonic 53inch wide screen tv and a panasonic HDTV digital receiver I called directtv to get hbo because 509 is hdtv also 198 and 199 are hdtv every thing is set up right but I only get 198 a paid perview. I called panasonic and they said the receiver must be bad I said would I pickup 198 if it were bad he said I don't know. Can anyone out their help me.
thanks
Ernest J.

Douglas*A*R

Stunt Coordinator
Do you have an oval dish and three LNB's? If not, that's probably the problem.

Most people only have a circular dish and one LNB on its arm, and can therefore only receive a signal from one of DirecTV's three satellites. HD programming is spread over two of the satellites.

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Ernest, I agree with Douglas. You'll need to have an oval dish in order to receive HD HBO. Call directv, they should be able to provide you with an oval dish for free (I believe) if you tell them that you have a subscription to HD HBO. Hope that helps.

Hugo

Wes Goff

Grip
ch 198 comes in off the 119 sat, so you have the right dish, sounds like a programing issue w/ directv. try rebooting(unplug for about 30 sec.) and then call directv.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
ch 198 comes in off the 119 sat
I just checked and 198 is on the 101 satellite, transponder 24. D* moved it a few months ago for the NBA all-star game and they have left it on 101.

First, make sure you have a multi-sat dish. Then make sure you have gone through the receiver setup and told it you have a multi-sat dish. Finally, check the signal strength on all transponders on all three satellites. If everything checks out and you still don't have HD Net, call D* and have them "hit" your card again with the programming information. After all of this and you still don't have channel 199, you may have a bad receiver.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks