HDTV Tuners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tony Pic, May 11, 2001.

1. Tony Pic

Tony Pic Auditioning

Wondering which my be a better buy for me: rca (or proscan)dct-100, dst-3000, or the tu-hds20. mail order prices show the dct-100 at 450, and the other two are at around 680.
    Are the tosh and pani that must better to justify the additional $200 cost?
    Naturally, the cheaper, the better. What are some of the features I should look for?
    Thanks...
    ------------------

2. teague

teague Auditioning

If you just want HDTV OTA, what about the Samsung SIR-T150 for about $525. It has both RGB and component video output, and both Optical and coaxial digital output, making it a little more flexible than the RCA for not much more money.
    Chris

3. Bruce McGowan

Bruce McGowan Auditioning

I'm selling a Mitsubishi SR-HD400 (HDTV DirecTV receiver). I purchased one last week and my sister purchased one for my birthday.
    I received it Thurday 5/10/01 and will sell it for well under dealer price.
    I only have one HDTV and my two 36" TVs don't have component inputs, so it would be a waste of money to hook up an HDTV receiver in one of my bedrooms.
    I do NOT recommend the RCA unless you have RGB inputs on your TV. The Panasonic has the slowest and least functional menu of any of the HDTV receivers. I purchased and returned the Panasonic TU-HDS20 due to the slow menu. It's slower than the 1st generation DirecTV receivers back in 1992. Also, the theme search takes about 10-15 minutes when searching for a particular sport, etc and then returns nothing.
    Anyway, if you're interested in the Mitsubishi HDTV receiver, give me a call and I'll give you a great price. I'm not a dealer, only a consumer with two HDTV receivers and only one HDTV.
    (480) 540-8745 - Bruce McGowan I live in metro Phoenix, AZ.
    ------------------