What's new

HDTV Tuner/DVD Player Combo (1 Viewer)

jongYoo

Auditioning
I bought plasma display, so I want a HD Tuner to take my analog cable signal to DVI/HDMI until I get digital cable. But I also want to knock out two birds with one stone and go with a tuner/dvd combo. The only one I really like is the LG LST-3510a. My display supports DVI with HDCP and so does the 3510a. I do not know too much about this HDCP piracy prevention but basically, I was wondering if this video format would burned DVD movies. And if it does not, then does it also not support regular family movies burned onto a DVD?

p.s. Does anyone know of any other tuner/DVD combo other than the samsung and Bravo? If you are currently using one please give me your opinions on it.

Thanks alot

-jong

Dick Boneske

Stunt Coordinator
LG makes a HD terrestial tuner/DVR combo that would allow you to store any over-the-air material in HD on its hard drive--up to 12 hours of HD material. It has HDMI and Firewire jacks, so you can output to a DVD burner or equipped computer and record what you want on DVD-R. Locally, it sells for $399. Sounds to me like this would be the way to go. Has anyone tried it?

The dealer showed me that this worked with HD material recorded on the hard drive via Firewire to a JVC DVHS deck with no visible loss of video quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks