What's new

HDTV tuner cards for PC (1 Viewer)

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
I did a search to find out some info on HDTV decoder cards for computers but the most recent threads were over a year old.

I was just wondering what is available now or coming out soon in this type of product. Any info would be helpful.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I usualy check out the Avsforum , they have a section on Home Theater Computers. I'm sure there are other forums out there also also. It's kind of a paranoid manufacturers' market because of piracy possibilities once you put digital content on a PC. In a year(May 05) all HDTV tuner devices will have to have digital rights management (DRM) honoring the broadcast flag incorporated in them and no one is positive that a PC tuner can give the necessary level of security required -- so we can't be absolutely sure anyone will be willing to build or sell one. The general reccomendation is to buy one before that date but only older models seem to be available. It could take some real ingenuity to record HDTV on a PC -- or Windows Media Center like software and hardware could pop up all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks