1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

hdtv signal

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Richard F, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Richard F

Richard F Extra

I recently bought a Hitachi 50# LCD flatscreen. There are a limited number of HD channels in my area although most have excellent picture. Lately any time I watch an abc football game the picture and sound keep breaking up momentarily like a satellite feed sometimes does. Is this a problem with the network feed? Other channels no problem.

2. Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi Screenwriter

I assume you are using an antenna to pick up your local HD channels? It's just a momentary loss of reception. Since the picture is digital you don't get the "fuzz" or "static" we used to see with antenna reception of pre-HD tv. Instead, the picture breaks up like you are describing. Try moving your antenna.

3. Richard F

Richard F Extra

No, digital cable. Not doing it during Orange Bowl, must be bad feed from network during some games. Also for many games signal not much better than analog on CBS games. Time Warner service really sucks here, they don't even broadcast FOX in HD.

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Richard, that used to happen frequently on Monday Night Football. It's a problem with ABC.