What's new

Hdtv-showtime On Directv (1 Viewer)

Joe Cole

Second Unit
with HD Showtime coming to Directv on April 30th would anyone know if the current oval dish with current HDTV set up will pick it up? Or will one need the C satellite attachment?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Joe,

Yes, you will need the Sat-C kit to get Showtime HD on DirecTV. It's going to be on the 110 satellite, not the 119 that carries HDNet and HBOHD.

The kit should contain everything necessary to do the upgrade. The LNB is specific so you can't use an extra you may have leftover from a previous 18" dish you might have laying around.

The kit costs $59.95 from Radio Shack, it's in their catalog under satellite accessories, the counter help won't know about it.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Could you guys explain this a little more for me. I have the RCA HD receiver and currently get HBO HD and HD Net. Are you telling me that I have to get a new dish to receive Showtime?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you have an eliptical dish, you only need the Sat-C kit. The kit contains a special LNB that mounts on the middle of the satellite arm. If your multi-switch is integrated into the arm, nothing more is needed. If you switch is mounted on the back of the dish or somewhere else, you have to use the included combiner to merge the 110 and 119 signals. Go to your receiver and change the settings to 3 LNB's and your all set.

-Robert

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I'm using two round dishes to get the HD feed and the normal. So I'm to gather I cannot use a third with a normal single LNB to receive showtime? No loss I guess it would be a royal pain to have yet a third dish for one station

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I guess it would be a royal pain to have yet a third dish for one station
There are rumors that all of DirecTV's HD programming will move to 110. Another possiblity is Discovery HD will be added to 110. Marc Cuban is talking about creating HD-Net2, 3, & 4.

-Robert

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Why is it that they put their Showtime HD on a third LNB that most folks locally dont even have, when their should be plenty of room on the 119?

Also why is it Directv does not show what HBO and HDnet have on schedule with their guide? Heck its not even on the Directv website.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
DirecTV's website has always said you need the triple lnb setup to get HD, even though until ShoHd all their HD stuff was on the 119. I suspect all upcoming HD will be on the 110.

I lost guide data for HDnet and all other 119 channels shortly after the SHO HD upgrade. Called Directv about it twice with no luck, then it started showing up again a day after the second call. If it's any help, HBOHD (509) is almost always the same as the regular east coast feed (501). If you go to HDNet's website you can sign up to have their schedule sent to you daily via e-mail.

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Steve Link Removed website has been down for sometime now. I do not see any other way of getting the schedule on HBOHD(Channel 509). I have called them and the on-screen guide still does not show 509 nor 543.
The only good thing about the third LNB is that they will come over and install it for free if you subscribe to their Showtime. I think I will wait till more HD channels appear before I commit to Showtime. I just hope they are not all going to the 110 SAT. Get ride of some of those other channels to make room for HD is what I say, heck I here OXY channel may bite the dust anytime now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks